Home

I'll say it since no one else will...

This is a discussion on I'll say it since no one else will... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 04-29-2009, 02:48 PM   #1
SHO
Give us a raise, loser!

SHO's Arena

OVR: 24
I'll say it since no one else will...

EA Sports needs to remove their JV team off the NCAA series and put some people who actually cares about accurately replicating college football on it. The only reason the NCAA series is treated as a mixed race stepchild by consumers is because the NCAA guys allow it to be. EA has removed all outside competition, why can't there be a sense of rivalry amongst Madden/NCAA about creating a better game? Just because they use a similar engine does not mean they are limited. The Madden crew are killing these guys in and they don't really seem to care, they seem content to stay to in Madden's shadow. NCAA is just standing beside the medal stand that Madden is on while holding their dinky "Honorable Mention" trinket smiling hard for the cameras because they're "just happy to be here". There will never be serious progress made in this series until they get some guys whose goals are not simply to place, but to win. Please stop kowtowing to big brother and give a damn.

The sharp decline of what was the superior game is mind boggling and frustrating as a fan of the series. Even now, despite the great addition of Online Dynasty and the upcoming CAS school a lot of it will be moot if the gameplay isn't right. NCAA took three steps back last year from their promising 2008 edition with their 'WOGP' fiasco, offsetting the wonderful addition of Online Dynasty.

Simply put, I've lost all faith in this NCAA team. Change is necessary. I don't want to have to wait for the XBOX 720 and PS4 in order to get a proper next gen college football game.

[/rant]

Flame me, whatever. I just needed to get it off my chest.

Last edited by SHO; 04-29-2009 at 02:50 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-29-2009, 02:53 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: I'll say it since no one else will...

the game seems pretty good to me..in fact i like it better than madden...now I am one of the cpu vs cpu people so I don't get that deep into the game, so you may be right.

USC TROJANS WILL BE OK THIS YEAR...NEVER FEAR
Old 04-29-2009, 02:55 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 16

What makes Madden so much better than NCAA?
Old 04-29-2009, 02:58 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 39

if we can get new cleats, helmets, and equipment along with pro-tak in for 2011 the game will be perfect. i think 2010 is shaping up to be great now.
Old 04-29-2009, 02:58 PM   #5
LPU
Rookie

LPU's Arena

OVR: 3

I'll revisit this thread in about 3 months when we've.... ya know.... played the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-29-2009, 03:02 PM   #6
MVP

prowler's Arena

OVR: 11

So wait, you praise them for the online dynasty and teambuilder... but they need to be replaced because they don't seem to care? You question the gameplay despite the fact that you haven't played either game?

One star
Old 04-29-2009, 03:09 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 15

OMG THIS GAME WOULD BE PERFECT IF MY GUYS HAD DIFFERENT COLOR SHOES....
Old 04-29-2009, 03:11 PM   #8
Banned

Brnto4life's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by BORN4CORN
if we can get new cleats, helmets, and equipment along with pro-tak in for 2011 the game will be perfect. i think 2010 is shaping up to be great now.
There are alot of problems with this game that equipment updates won't alleviate.

I love accessories as much as the next guy, but that's the least of my concerns with the game. With that said, I am optimistic for NCAA 10 and the early gameplay videos already have me waiting in earnest anticipation for the demo.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »