Home

Progression makes dynasty mode unplayable

This is a discussion on Progression makes dynasty mode unplayable within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-16-2009, 09:48 PM   #97
MVP

mmorg's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Progression makes dynasty mode unplayable

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesandman215
that is true and not true. some times a player is too highly rated than should be and cannot live up to the expectations.

also, i've seen many players regress while in college for one reason or another.
That's not regression. That's called being overrated. If a 5* player comes in at a 74 OVR then that would reflect the situation you are talking about.
Old 07-16-2009, 09:49 PM   #98
Rookie

thesandman215's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezevthokie9
+1 ... this is getting old.
EA Sports, "We are looking into it."

next years version comes out: 3/4 of the players will regress to 60-70 ratings.
Old 07-16-2009, 09:51 PM   #99
Rookie

ezevthokie9's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesandman215
EA Sports, "We are looking into it."

next years version comes out: 3/4 of the players will regress to 60-70 ratings.
Next year we'll probably have 2 years worth of college graduates in the game.

NCAA 2011 will probably have Mike Vick get his last 2 years of eligibility b/c they shipped the 1999 rosters with it.
Old 07-16-2009, 09:57 PM   #100
Rookie

OVR: 1

Truly feel sorry for everyone nitpicking the game, it's definitely the best football on the 360.
Old 07-16-2009, 09:59 PM   #101
Rookie

thesandman215's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by dextermorgan
Truly feel sorry for everyone nitpicking the game, it's definitely the best football on the 360.
dexter - please don't kill me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2009, 10:04 PM   #102
MVP

TheGame8544's Arena

OVR: 11

This wasn't a problem last year right? I mean guys came in rated a little higher but they progressed less. Now, its just the opposite. This is what gets me about EA. Why change something without fully testing it? If they didn't have time to fully look at it, then just wait to change it until next year.
Old 07-16-2009, 10:05 PM   #103
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmorg
That's not regression. That's called being overrated. If a 5* player comes in at a 74 OVR then that would reflect the situation you are talking about.
I agree...for the most part players don't regress; they just don't improve; but it can still be accounted for in the game through regression

Lets say that 74 OVR player is a safety and somehow becomes a starter due to injury or for whatever reason, finds himself in the right place at the right time and nabs 7 INT's in a season...He should get a nice little ratings bump; but lets say that same player the next year follows up that great season with zero picks, maybe gets injured, or misses a fair share of tackles...I think that same player should take a bit of a ratings hit...

They need to do some progression/regression in season...

then in the spring, either do skill drills, or simulate it by allowing the player to control what percent of the reps players get in spring...the more reps you give a player the more chance they have to improve; if you neglect someones reps they either don't improve or improve little if they are young, or in case of a upperclassmen being neglected would slightly regress...
Old 07-16-2009, 10:05 PM   #104
MVP

hitstreak13's Arena

OVR: 13

This is very dissapointing. I wish they used some type of statistical model when doing their rosters (probabilities). For example, a 5 star recruit should have a 75-80% probability of reaching the 90s (based on performance, measurables, etc.) while a 4 star has about a 70-75%, a 3 star recruit between 60-65% and a huge drop-off for anyone lower than a 3. I think this would truly add strategy to your dynasty. Imagine losing the recruiting war to a rival and having to settle for a 3 star recruit knowing that he will most likely not lead your team to the promise land?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »