Home

Uniform Updates 3.0

This is a discussion on Uniform Updates 3.0 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-01-2010, 11:16 PM   #81
Banned

OVR: 26
Re: Uniform Updates 3.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biodawg03
Is it a different situation with NCAA 11 than with Madden? Last year Madden was constantly making updates to uniforms such as fixing the color of the 49ers helmets, adding stickers to teams helmets, patches to jerseys, adding the seahawks' green jersey etc.

So why is it that people seem to think it impossible to add jerseys as a downloadable content? If the Washington Huskies bust out a black jersey this year it would be awesome to add it through a download.
I've been waiting on an answer to this as well. I don't know if they don't have the resources to add stuff that they missed or what, we're really not getting an answer from anyone. So basically this thread is to help EA NCAA team for NCAA 12? I was assuming that they would be trying to really dial-in this 11 version for us consumers. Not really sure what's going on, but I'm not happy about it.

The game is already better than last year's version, so they are moving in the right direction. I'm sure 12 will be even better.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-01-2010, 11:28 PM   #82
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting
I've been waiting on an answer to this as well. I don't know if they don't have the resources to add stuff that they missed or what, we're really not getting an answer from anyone. So basically this thread is to help EA NCAA team for NCAA 12? I was assuming that they would be trying to really dial-in this 11 version for us consumers. Not really sure what's going on, but I'm not happy about it.

The game is already better than last year's version, so they are moving in the right direction. I'm sure 12 will be even better.
To have the ability to add uniforms (or any binary data) to the game, we would have to identify it as a feature and implement it just as we would with anything else. We can't just flip a switch and allow it. We could patch the ability in, so I wouldn't rule it out. Either way, the stuff in this thread is very helpful.
Old 07-01-2010, 11:41 PM   #83
MVP

dan_457's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam_Thompson_EA
To have the ability to add uniforms (or any binary data) to the game, we would have to identify it as a feature and implement it just as we would with anything else. We can't just flip a switch and allow it. We could patch the ability in, so I wouldn't rule it out. Either way, the stuff in this thread is very helpful.
Out of curiosity, why wasn't the ability included when the game was first made? I was thinking about it earlier and it seems a little odd, since many games on next gen consoles have DLC that adds art or models of some kind.

-Cleveland Browns-

-Cleveland Cavaliers-
Old 07-01-2010, 11:43 PM   #84
Banned

I'm not ruling it out either. I'm hoping for uniform updates via patch/download. Fingers crossed
Old 07-02-2010, 12:09 AM   #85
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan_457
Out of curiosity, why wasn't the ability included when the game was first made? I was thinking about it earlier and it seems a little odd, since many games on next gen consoles have DLC that adds art or models of some kind.
We did have it on NCAA 07. It broke when we updated the way we put uniforms in on NCAA 08, so we turned it off.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-02-2010, 12:15 AM   #86
All Star

DonkeyJote's Arena

OVR: 19

It'd be great if this could get in. With a number of moderately to extremely high profile programs making changes (Arkansas, Michigan St, Notre Dame) I think it'd be great to be able to get those updates out.

I do think, realistically, getting uniforms that debut in season, especially when you get to November, isn't going to happen. The Seahawks jersey was unveiled in September, so it made it in. But if a team busts out an alternate for a rivalry game in November, that doesn't really give any time to put it in.
Old 07-02-2010, 12:16 AM   #87
av7
Hall Of Fame

av7's Arena

OVR: 37

Lets keep it on topic about the uniform update, please.
Old 07-02-2010, 12:17 AM   #88
MVP

noplace's Arena

OVR: 13

Adam did you guys add the Nebraska throwbacks worn for the 300th Game sell out last season?

Nebraska Cornhuskers
Washington Redskins
Miami Heat

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »