Home

Rattled QBs

This is a discussion on Rattled QBs within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-19-2011, 09:58 AM   #1
Rookie

vexerr's Arena

OVR: 7
Rattled QBs

Anyone have some definitive advice as to how to combat your quarterback being rattled? I typically try to use safe short throws to get into a rhythm before trying to throw anything deep, but I have found that when playing user vs user games in my online dynasty everything seems exacerbated at times.

Lately, I have been having a particular issue where I try to gun it to a receiver across the middle and for whatever god-foresaken reason, my qb will throw it as though there is zero zip behind the ball, throwing a lob pass into the secondary and yelling "jackpot."
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-19-2011, 11:08 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Rattled QBs

Some QBs just never settle down, but typically I use very short throws but also run a lot. Believe it or not running the ball well helps settle the QB down too.
Old 01-19-2011, 03:05 PM   #3
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Yeah just run with the QB a couple of times. If he gets positive yards he usually settles down. But playing online, everything is exaggerated to the 10th degree.
Old 01-19-2011, 03:31 PM   #4
Rookie

vexerr's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
Yeah just run with the QB a couple of times. If he gets positive yards he usually settles down. But playing online, everything is exaggerated to the 10th degree.
nice to see im not alone in this thought...

I've had quarterbacks with low awareness for four straight years, makes it really hard to win the tough games when you can count on one completely ridiculously awkward thrown ball costing you.
Old 01-19-2011, 03:42 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 0

I threw 4 straight picks in Austin with my true freshman qb. I was angry as hell at the time.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »