Home

All I throw is picks picks picks no matter what

This is a discussion on All I throw is picks picks picks no matter what within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-26-2015, 04:14 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: All I throw is picks picks picks no matter what

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
I don't have this issue at all. I mainly throw short routes (my QB is almost always 1st in comp % and last in YPC) but most of my big plays are on bombs deep. If my guy gets a step or two on the corner and there's no safety help I simply push up on the LS to lead him deep and tap his button. This results in a nice high, deep lob that only my receiver can catch. Sometimes I overshoot him, but that obviously better than throwing it short where the corner is.

On another note, I guess I'll add that I'm another one that doesn't control the QB while he's in the pocket.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I very rarely overthrow my receiver deep. Part of it may be the QBs I'm playing with, but I also think it's that I tend to wait too long, so the receivers get too far downfield.

I'm not 100% convinced of that, though. Sometimes I can throw a nice floaty ball, but I can't replicate it reliably.
Old 02-26-2015, 06:26 PM   #18
Pro

metallicarl's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbo15
Got yardage on my mind but I never pick it up and every time I'm looking for a deep ball every body's hands go UP!! And they stay there... And they stay there....

Greetings gentlemen. Allow me to introduce myself, I am the PICK MASTER. No, I'm not a vegas gambling guru. I'm simply the most interception prone user player to ever pick up the sticks. All I do is throw interceptions. User vs. CPU games. Every time I throw. EVERY TIME.

-I turned CPU int's to 0... still give up 2 a game.
-I put CPU pass coverage on 40 and every man is still blanketed.

The thing is I am still winning the NC every year because my running game so skrong. I was a high school running back for Polk High and scored 4 TD's in one game. So I have natural vision when it comes to reading blocks and salmon like instincts with regard to making cuts on a dime.

But having my back with 42 carries for 256 YDS and 4 TD's with 2 catches for 11 yards isn't how I want to win games doggit.

I feel like I'm making generic trap music instead of real hip hop. Anybody feel me on that??/

WHAT DO I DO TO STOP THROWING PICKS?!?!
Al, is that you?? Say hey to Peg and Bud for me Go Polk High!!!
Old 02-27-2015, 01:52 AM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 0

Other people have listed similar strategies, but I find a real key is to read the defense before the snap and try to get an idea of where to go with the ball. My strategy is to pick a primary guy and a check down before I snap the ball. I'm going to look for my primary to get open, and if he doesn't the guy I've picked as secondary should usually be open. My second guy is sometimes a guy who will just get a couple yards on the catch, but if that couple yards makes it third and short instead of third and long its worth it.

A good example is if you have a guy running a flag route and a guy running a flat route. I'll look for my flag route to get separation, and if he doesn't look like he is gonna break away from a man coverage defender or be in a zone opening by the time I can throw it, I go ahead and hit my secondary guy.

Another important thing in passing is timing and anticipation. On routes like hooks, outs, and ins, they are almost unstoppable when timed correctly. If you know that perfect moment to hit right when your guy is about to break, the ball will hit him after he has made his break and before the defender can get there. Do it at the right time and its an almost guaranteed completion. If you are late and the defender has time to adjust, it can be a pick.
Old 02-27-2015, 04:24 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 0

I don't have time to quote everybody individually but there are some good tips in here esp: Re not moving the QB

I still threw 2 picks in my loss to Duke

But I could see a difference

So thank u gentlemen

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »