Home

All I throw is picks picks picks no matter what

This is a discussion on All I throw is picks picks picks no matter what within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-25-2015, 09:47 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
All I throw is picks picks picks no matter what

Got yardage on my mind but I never pick it up and every time I'm looking for a deep ball every body's hands go UP!! And they stay there... And they stay there....

Greetings gentlemen. Allow me to introduce myself, I am the PICK MASTER. No, I'm not a vegas gambling guru. I'm simply the most interception prone user player to ever pick up the sticks. All I do is throw interceptions. User vs. CPU games. Every time I throw. EVERY TIME.

-I turned CPU int's to 0... still give up 2 a game.
-I put CPU pass coverage on 40 and every man is still blanketed.

The thing is I am still winning the NC every year because my running game so skrong. I was a high school running back for Polk High and scored 4 TD's in one game. So I have natural vision when it comes to reading blocks and salmon like instincts with regard to making cuts on a dime.

But having my back with 42 carries for 256 YDS and 4 TD's with 2 catches for 11 yards isn't how I want to win games doggit.

I feel like I'm making generic trap music instead of real hip hop. Anybody feel me on that??/

WHAT DO I DO TO STOP THROWING PICKS?!?!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-25-2015, 10:08 PM   #2
Rookie

Tha_Mac's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: All I throw is picks picks picks no matter what

Strong arm QB's with good accuracy and mobility which is a tough combination to find is what did it for me. I have a skrong passing game but I would always throw 18-22 int's a year. I finally found a QB with the above attributes and I threw on 9 int's.

The mobility helps you get out of trouble so you don't have to force it from the pocket. It allows you to scan the field and find the open man as well. Also quick hitting passing plays may help you.
Old 02-25-2015, 10:56 PM   #3
MVP

mjavon's Arena

Stop throwing it where there are defenders. 😎
Old 02-25-2015, 11:07 PM   #4
MVP

RedRaider10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjavon
I second this ^

Also if your running game is very strong why not use it to set up the Play-Action plays. I have done this before and it gave me easy big gains 90 percent of the time.
Old 02-26-2015, 12:10 AM   #5
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
I was going to say this too.

Everyone knows that the rushing attack can be overpowered in NCAA '14, but I feel that the passing attack is even more so. I play with my QBA on 5, CPU pass coverage on 80, and CPU INT on 45 and I rarely throw INTs. It is a very rare thing for me to run a passing play where there isn't someone that's open. As long as I read the defense and don't throw it to the guys that are covered, then I won't throw many INTs. It's so easy that I have a bunch of house rules to try to keep the passing game in check (can't hot route anyone, can't throw curls on 3rd down, can't call the same plays more than once per drive, etc).
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-26-2015, 12:10 AM   #6
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbo15
I was a high school running back for Polk High and scored 4 TD's in one game.
Gotta love it when a fullback gets some glory!
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 02-26-2015, 12:29 AM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
This sounds like a strong innovative strategy. Could you give a newb some tips?
Old 02-26-2015, 12:32 AM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
I was going to say this too.

Everyone knows that the rushing attack can be overpowered in NCAA '14, but I feel that the passing attack is even more so. I play with my QBA on 5, CPU pass coverage on 80, and CPU INT on 45 and I rarely throw INTs. It is a very rare thing for me to run a passing play where there isn't someone that's open. As long as I read the defense and don't throw it to the guys that are covered, then I won't throw many INTs. It's so easy that I have a bunch of house rules to try to keep the passing game in check (can't hot route anyone, can't throw curls on 3rd down, can't call the same plays more than once per drive, etc).
When I play users the passing attack is easily 3x more overpowered than the rushing attack. Doods just use the same exploit plays they've discovered over the 6 seasons of playing the same version of NCAA. It's annoying because when they need a first they get a first, when they need a score, they get a score, and I know there's nothing I can do about it because I've played 3x online and they've played 204 and figured out the kinks. But I don't trip when I lose so

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »