Home

EA College Football News & Info

This is a discussion on EA College Football News & Info within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-10-2022, 08:06 PM   #81
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45
Re: EA College Football News & Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoltSwoosh
It truly will, especially if they sound convincing. Madden crowd chants sound awful imo.
Yup. There is a lot of team specific details missing from the presentation Madden, to the point that the game consistently sounds like generic "Madden" and not an authentic NFL game.

I understand music licensing costs are probably a severe inhibiting factor in many cases with respect to the NFL, but the Madden team could still do a better job reaching for as many unlicensed in-stadium audio stings and crowd chants from each team as there are available; truck backup warning sounds for false start and holding penalties immediately comes to mind. Another example, there's a percussion sting the Cowboys have used at both Texas Stadium and AT&T Stadium before third downs which has never appeared in any NFL video game.

Additionally, Madden could stand to augment the game's presentation and authenticity with other team-specific traditions or artifacts, such as the marching bands for the Baltimore Ravens and Washington Commanders, the sounding of Gjallahorn at US Bank Stadium, the giant drum and war chant at Arrowhead Stadium, raising the 12th Man flag at Lumen Field, and so on.

There's plenty of NFL atmosphere missing from Madden NFL in making that game feel like the NFL. NCAA Football always did better in this regard, and it sounds like EA Sports College Football is poised to continue that pattern, which is fantastic for college football fans and unfortunate for Madden fans.

Last edited by CM Hooe; 07-10-2022 at 08:09 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2022, 09:21 PM   #82
MVP

Amoo316's Arena

OVR: 19

To your point CM Hooe, I just don't feel those things matter as much to an NFL game as they do to the college game. Sure you have your lone exceptions like the J-E-T-S chant and things like Fly Eagles Fly, but in general, the overall atmosphere of the games is just completely different live.

The product (and star power) on the field is much more relevant to the NFL game then it is to the college game.

Outside of Arrowhead and Seattle, most NFL stadiums don't even get close to the decible levels you hear in a lot of college games. That atmosphere is what makes College football unique compared to the NFL IMO.

Yes there are different rules and longer tenured players, a different play style...etc. At the end of the day though, the biggest differentiator is the atmosphere. Without the atmosphere, CFB is just not CFB.

There's a reason my top two favorite spots to go see live are CFB followed by the NHL. Heck I went to a Philadelphia Wings indoor lacrosse game, and I don't even follow lacrosse and that was a better time then I've had at NFL games.
NBA: Heat
NCAA: Florida & Miss State
NFL: Whichever team currently has the most of my favorite college players
NHL: Caps
Tennis: The Joker & Sloane Stevens
WWE: Dean Ambrose
Misc: Anybody wearing a Team USA jersey
Old 07-12-2022, 08:23 PM   #83
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amoo316
To your point CM Hooe, I just don't feel those things matter as much to an NFL game as they do to the college game. Sure you have your lone exceptions like the J-E-T-S chant and things like Fly Eagles Fly, but in general, the overall atmosphere of the games is just completely different live.

The product (and star power) on the field is much more relevant to the NFL game then it is to the college game.

Outside of Arrowhead and Seattle, most NFL stadiums don't even get close to the decible levels you hear in a lot of college games. That atmosphere is what makes College football unique compared to the NFL IMO.

Yes there are different rules and longer tenured players, a different play style...etc. At the end of the day though, the biggest differentiator is the atmosphere. Without the atmosphere, CFB is just not CFB.

There's a reason my top two favorite spots to go see live are CFB followed by the NHL. Heck I went to a Philadelphia Wings indoor lacrosse game, and I don't even follow lacrosse and that was a better time then I've had at NFL games.
exactly. I'm not complaining, I'm just comparing & contrasting:
whereas the NFL is so sterile and polished,
college football is raw, alive, and the possibilities are endless.
anything can happen

that's not gospel, just another ''IMO''

A Work in Progress
Old 07-16-2022, 12:10 AM   #84
Rookie

ThePhillyPhanatic's Arena

OVR: 7

Here’s what Illinois submitted to EA:

https://twitter.com/217showers/statu...hLpZUVowMal25w

Xbox: JThind
Old 07-16-2022, 06:56 PM   #85
MVP

bigwill33's Arena

OVR: 13

It’s great that they’re requesting and receiving this information, but I’m just not seeing what use 99% of it is going to be. The licensing for most of the music alone would be in the millions, each year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2022, 01:16 PM   #86
MVP

Amoo316's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwill33
It’s great that they’re requesting and receiving this information, but I’m just not seeing what use 99% of it is going to be. The licensing for most of the music alone would be in the millions, each year.
It depends on how the licenses are drawn up. You could be in a legal grey area depending on how the license the school has reads. If the school has the right to use the song during game day, in promotions, advertising....etc, it could be argued, EA Could use it on the school's behalf to help promote the school in the game.

Again, could be a legal grey area and could end up in the courts. That said, EA has plenty of years of experience with this exact kind of situation, so they will know the potential hurdles going in. If they're asking, chances are they feel they will have the means or ability to use them.
NBA: Heat
NCAA: Florida & Miss State
NFL: Whichever team currently has the most of my favorite college players
NHL: Caps
Tennis: The Joker & Sloane Stevens
WWE: Dean Ambrose
Misc: Anybody wearing a Team USA jersey
Old 07-17-2022, 05:11 PM   #87
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amoo316
Again, could be a legal grey area and could end up in the courts. That said, EA has plenty of years of experience with this exact kind of situation, so they will know the potential hurdles going in. If they're asking, chances are they feel they will have the means or ability to use them.
On the flip side, we also know following the removal of historic teams, tattoos, and the disappearance of the NCAA Football series that EA Sports really doesn’t want to be party to litigation if it doesn’t have to.

We’ll see. I would be thrilled to see every school get every licensed song they play on game day into the game, but I also don’t trust the music industry to act in good faith about anything.
Old 07-17-2022, 05:27 PM   #88
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

I expect band songs. I don't expect the other music like ACDC to be in the game at all. Basically like how it used to be plus maybe some more specific stadium sound effects.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

― Plato

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »