Home

Bill Abner???

This is a discussion on Bill Abner??? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-30-2004, 01:14 AM   #9
MVP

Radja's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Bill Abner???

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Ok, well he probably didn't have the patience to learn how to play offense like alot of people. With Madden and ESPN both this year being so good I think that's why alot of people have written off NCAA 2005 off. I admit when I got it that I was very very frustrated with it and probably would have written it off too except I run an NCAA 2005 league so I had to play it for a while and after I learned how to play I love that game.

that is exactly right for most people and for me mostly right. i stopped playing because of cpu offensive issues, not learning curve. then i looked at how much time i had, the games in my possession and played the ones with the better experience overall. right now, it is espn nhl hockey.

ncaa needs to stay the course as far as the human side of offense (i loved that challenge) and fix the offensive cpu to work without massive sliders tweaking and hfa ON.

odogg, by playing humans online you got see a better game than us that don't.
Old 11-12-2004, 07:20 PM   #10
MVP

Bill_Abner's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Ok, well he probably didn't have the patience to learn how to play offense like alot of people. With Madden and ESPN both this year being so good I think that's why alot of people have written off NCAA 2005 off. I admit when I got it that I was very very frustrated with it and probably would have written it off too except I run an NCAA 2005 league so I had to play it for a while and after I learned how to play I love that game.
My dislike of NCAA 2005, FWIW, has very little to do with me "not leaning how to play offense."

It has everything to do with Xbox slowdown, every team having suspended players week in and week out, super high offensive scoring in simmed games, the insano home field advantage, the completely inept CPU QBs (this is a huge one), and, admittedly, the dropped passes can be annoying. None of these were issues, for me anyway, in '04. Playing in a league could help some of this I suppose but I'm a CPU NCAA guy and this year I thought it was a monumental step back.

Editor in Chief Gameshark.Com
http://www.gameshark.com
Old 11-12-2004, 08:05 PM   #11
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
How are you going to come up with reasons for why someone didn't like a game?

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-12-2004, 09:03 PM   #12
MVP

OVR: 18

Since ODogg is really good at telling us why we don't like the game, I'll suggest reasons why ODogg bashes everyone who says anything is wrong about NCAA:

I honestly believe that ODogg really enjoys the game and doesn't have any of the problems that a lot of people mention. Because if his game played anything like mine did, he wouldn't be happy about it. Being a devoted fan will only take you so far. I'm not sure which version he plays but my own bad experiences have been with the XBOX version. Maybe he plays on PS2... Are the CPU completion % and drops problems very present in the PS2 version?

The fact that he plays online is a big thing because if you learn to play and you play against people who have learned ot play, then most of the problems disappear. Unfortunately, the CPU does not learn how to play offense...

It would seem that ODogg cannot accept that his favorite EA Sports game has some issues with it since he has no problems and therefore anyone claiming there are problems is obviously an incompetent player who just wants an easy game. Now there's a bit of a contradiction here because if I just wanted an easy game then wouldn't the CPU's complete inability to do anything on offense be a plus for me?

I don't normally like to lash out at people on forums but this guy's been lashing out at everyone who says anything negative about NCAA 2005. It gets annoying at some point. We know you love the game the way it is and you're not experiencing any problems. Let people who have problems discuss it amongst themselves.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »