Home

Need Info from PS2 NCAA players

This is a discussion on Need Info from PS2 NCAA players within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-12-2004, 02:04 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 18
Need Info from PS2 NCAA players

Alright, here's the deal:

I had bought NCAA 2005 for XBOX. The slowdown wasn't too bad on my XBOX but the drops and the CPU's complete inability to do anything decent on offense (completion % in the 20-35% range) drove me nuts. So I sold it.

It occured to me me that the same issues that caused the slowdown (processor having trouble keeping up) could be the cause of all the drop problems by causing the catch AI subroutine to be executed a touch too late.

But I need my NCAA. I love the series so much and the new additions are great. I'd be willing to buy a PS2 and order NCAA 2005 for it if I were certain that the problems I mentionned earlier didn't exist on the PS2.

So I'd like to hear from as many PS2 owners who play or have played NCAA to tell me whether there are a lot of drops and if the CPU offense is effecient in the game (an estimate of the completion % range the CPU is getting against you would be appreciated).

Thanks to anyone who can help.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-12-2004, 03:27 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34
Re: Need Info from PS2 NCAA players

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectralfan
Alright, here's the deal:

I had bought NCAA 2005 for XBOX. The slowdown wasn't too bad on my XBOX but the drops and the CPU's complete inability to do anything decent on offense (completion % in the 20-35% range) drove me nuts. So I sold it.

It occured to me me that the same issues that caused the slowdown (processor having trouble keeping up) could be the cause of all the drop problems by causing the catch AI subroutine to be executed a touch too late.

But I need my NCAA. I love the series so much and the new additions are great. I'd be willing to buy a PS2 and order NCAA 2005 for it if I were certain that the problems I mentionned earlier didn't exist on the PS2.

So I'd like to hear from as many PS2 owners who play or have played NCAA to tell me whether there are a lot of drops and if the CPU offense is effecient in the game (an estimate of the completion % range the CPU is getting against you would be appreciated).

Thanks to anyone who can help.
I have a PS2 and play with Heisman Sliders....The game is great. The CPU is almost always over 50% completions and drops are about 1 to 3 per game. I give up about 350 to 400 yards per game when playing with evenly matched teams. Usually around 200yards passing and 150 rushing. I really like this game, it feels just about perfect to me.
Old 11-12-2004, 09:10 PM   #3
MVP

Thanks man.

Anybody else?

I'd like some more info before I decide to basically shell out $200 just for one football game. I'd hate to put out the cash and find that the issues are still there. I live in Canada so I can't just rent a PS2 with the game to see how it is. I might order the game and rent a PS2 to try it out and just sell the game if it doesn't suit me. But before that, I'd still like more comments from all the PS2 players...
Old 11-13-2004, 12:16 AM   #4
Rookie

KentuckyFan's Arena

OVR: 1

This game isn't good enough to buy a PS2 just for this game. The only games you would by a system to play for is GTA or Halo.
Old 11-14-2004, 01:47 AM   #5
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by KentuckyFan
This game isn't good enough to buy a PS2 just for this game. The only games you would by a system to play for is GTA or Halo.

It's a totally different game on the PS2. Plays like it's supposed to. I had given up on it, but now that I got it for my PS2, I can't stop playing it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-15-2004, 11:07 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

I know you'll be happy with the PS2 version. I have both versions and it plays like a different game on the PS2. No slow downs & realistic drops. I still prefer the xbox (as a system) over the PS2 but this game just doesn't play well both on & off line on the Xbox. The only downside on the PS2 is the graphics are not as clean, no hard drive & load times are longer in Season mode.

You'll also be able to get the new smaller & quieter PS2.
Old 11-15-2004, 01:15 PM   #7
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmb20
I know you'll be happy with the PS2 version. I have both versions and it plays like a different game on the PS2. No slow downs & realistic drops. I still prefer the xbox (as a system) over the PS2 but this game just doesn't play well both on & off line on the Xbox. The only downside on the PS2 is the graphics are not as clean, no hard drive & load times are longer in Season mode.

You'll also be able to get the new smaller & quieter PS2.
Thanks a lot. That's what I wanted to know. It's hard to tell from all the threads about drops and CPU inefficiency on offense whether these are XBOX only problems or on both system. I still hesistant because the whole deal represents a lot of money for basically 1 game. I've been playing 2003 on my XBOX lately but it doesn't have as many features in dynasty...

BTW, can you let me know how the CPU fares on offense on the PS2? On XBOX, even tilting the sliders massively in the CPU's favor doesn't seem to help at all. Thanks.
Old 11-15-2004, 02:45 PM   #8
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectralfan
Thanks a lot. That's what I wanted to know. It's hard to tell from all the threads about drops and CPU inefficiency on offense whether these are XBOX only problems or on both system. I still hesistant because the whole deal represents a lot of money for basically 1 game. I've been playing 2003 on my XBOX lately but it doesn't have as many features in dynasty...

BTW, can you let me know how the CPU fares on offense on the PS2? On XBOX, even tilting the sliders massively in the CPU's favor doesn't seem to help at all. Thanks.
The Miami of Ohio QB just went 17 for 25 for 250 yds against me. I am Kent St. however.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »