Home

Possible help for the passing game

This is a discussion on Possible help for the passing game within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-01-2004, 09:52 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 6
Possible help for the passing game

I am not a very skilled player and while I enjoy the challenge of playing on All American (as opposed to varsity) I had so much difficulty passing (me and the CPU) that I had abandoned it. Recently I tried somethign that so far seems to have made a big difference. I had always had defensive sliders for knockdowns turned to 0 -but I had kept Interceptions at "10" ( I also turned "catch assist" on). When I turned interceptiosn down to 0 too I found a big difference. As I said this is early and who knows if thigns will keep up. But.... after 2 games both myself and the CPU have compelted more than 50% of our passes. Before turnign IX to 0 the stats were typically in the 40% range.

In my last game I played Hawaii and Chang hit for nearly 400 yards with 68% compeltion. In the same game I (northwestern) hit about 55%.

As I said I am not very skilled so I don't know if this will help for everyone but you might like to try it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-02-2004, 07:44 AM   #2
Pro

Re: Possible help for the passing game

For what it is worth I played yet another game last night and once again both the CPU and myself were over 50% - I hit about 55% the CPU was at 63%--- I really think that dropping interceptiosn to "0" (along with the other slider adjustments) may be the key for me at least to make passing more realistic at the AA level.
Old 12-03-2004, 12:39 AM   #3
MVP

Quint75's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzoutiger
For what it is worth I played yet another game last night and once again both the CPU and myself were over 50% - I hit about 55% the CPU was at 63%--- I really think that dropping interceptiosn to "0" (along with the other slider adjustments) may be the key for me at least to make passing more realistic at the AA level.
Okay, but are you getting a realistic amount of interceptions? Seems if not that would defeat the purpose...
NFL: Pittsburgh Steelers
EPL: Liverpool Reds
Old 12-03-2004, 08:21 AM   #4
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quint75
Okay, but are you getting a realistic amount of interceptions? Seems if not that would defeat the purpose...

Yes--so far I think I am. I was afraid of that too. I figured that with IX to 0 I (or the CPU) woudl enver get an interception. But this is not the case. But it seems that lowerign the IX to 0 also lowers the chance of the pass beign knocked down. Again, I have only played about 4-5 games with these settings but so far EVERY game botht he CPU and I have been over 50% and before that this almsot never happened.

It would be great if some other peopel could give this a try and see it it works for them. If so it could be a much welcomed way of "fixing" the "too low" completion % on All American level.
Old 12-05-2004, 03:18 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0

could you post all of your sliders?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-06-2004, 09:57 AM   #6
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by hognut
could you post all of your sliders?
Sure--As I told you I am really bad. On OFFFENSE:

I have the CPU maxed for everything.
HUMAN- maxed for everythign except running and run blockign which are at "9".

DEFENSE:

Human is 0 on everything,
CPU = 0 on eveything but tackling which is set at "5".

Also I have "Catch assist" turned on.

I think maxing pass blockign helps both cpu and human have more time to pass and thus helps in compeltions. ANd I still see plenty of sacks.
Old 12-06-2004, 11:31 AM   #7
War Eagle, Go Braves!

aukevin's Arena

OVR: 69

I don't remember my exact sliders, but I play on Heisman and I have knockdowns and awareness very low, < 10. Both me and the CPU get 45%-65% of passes. I'm usually around 60%, 300 yards a game. I have a really good quarterback since I am 5 years into my dynasty. I had all kinds of problems until I lowered the awareness and knockdown sliders. I also have the WR catching slider very high if not maxed out for both me and the CPU. I still get some drops, but there are drops in real life. Usually my drops come on plays where I get hit immediately after the catch. Wide open players catch the ball and hold onto it 9 out of 10 times unless they have a defender hanging on them. This is on Heisman on the XBox.

Atlanta Braves
- Auburn Tigers - Carolina Panthers - Nashville Predators

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »