Home

Defensive Awards?

This is a discussion on Defensive Awards? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-19-2004, 11:28 PM   #1
Rookie

hornfan's Arena

OVR: 1
Defensive Awards?

Has anyone ever won any defensive awards on this game? It is near impossible unless you play 15 minute quarters and I don't know anyone who does that. EA should put an option in the game to change the length on simulated games. Does anyone else want this?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-20-2004, 12:33 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 7
Re: Defensive Awards?

I have had LB's and DB's win defensive awards before, but I don't think I've ever had a DL win one, at least not in a dynasty where I was actually playing the games. I have had a few DL to make All-American, though.

One peculiar thing I've noticed is that I've had a couple of LB's win the Bednarik Award (Best Defensive Player), but I've never had one win the Top LB award.

I play 8 minute quarters, by the way. My LB's have done well by accumulating more sacks and interceptions than average, but usually less than average total tackle numbers. My DB's that have won have led the nation or been near the top in interceptions and also had more tackles than most DB's. My DL just don't get enough sacks and total tackles to win.
Old 12-22-2004, 12:30 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 10

The only time, I won Def. award was for my DE. He was an athlete and had 93 speed. I didn't cheese it and line him up way outside or anything like that. It was his soph. year, and had 15 sacks. He only hit double digits one other time, his senior year.
Old 12-22-2004, 06:05 PM   #4
Rookie

buckeye726's Arena

OVR: 2

Just the Thorpe and Bednarik awards, I cant break the top 10 in the DL or LB awards. I control the CB and have become pretty good at reading the Qb and getting the pick. that is why I won those awards. 5 minute quarters for me by the way
Old 12-24-2004, 11:56 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 3

When I played on All-America, I won the LB and DB awards. On Heisman, I have won the Bednarik and Thorpe awards. I play using the safety, where I can gather a lot of sacks and pick off a lot of passes.

I used to play 6 minute quarters but now play 8.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-01-2005, 11:27 AM   #6
Rookie

ufox1810's Arena

OVR: 4

So far I have only won 1 Thorpe out of any of the defensive awards, but I guess that's nice because on NCAA 2004, I probably won the Thorpe 4 out of every 5 years. I do always have guys high on the Thorpe list though, because somehow my SS always has over 100 tackles. This has dated back to NCAA 2002 for me. Probably just the style of defense I play (hasn't changed much over the years in NCAA or Madden), but I don't remember not having a SS in the Top 5 on the Thorpe list at the end of the year.
Old 01-30-2005, 09:59 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1

i play 8 min heisman and controlling a lb i win the lb and bednarik award every year and sometimes the heisman. I always lead the league in ints and usually tackles. Im usually top 5 sacks. I have had dbs on my teams win the thorpe and dls go all american but never won the dl award.
Old 01-30-2005, 12:16 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 3

i won one, its because i blitzed my corner like almost every play eh ended up leading my teams in tackles and had 15 sacks and i play 7 minutes

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »