Home

HOW DO U RECRUIT??

This is a discussion on HOW DO U RECRUIT?? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-02-2005, 08:39 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
HOW DO U RECRUIT??

Dont really know how to recruit.I see guys I want and just go after them.I usually play with below avg teams ,so I dont have many points to start with.

If I set my % for recruiting higher,do I get more recruiting points??

The farther I recruit the more points it cost??

Whats the benefit of scouting,besides the fact u know the guys real measurements.

I can recruit and not offer?? If so how??

Any other things ,I need to know for recruiting??
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-02-2005, 09:04 PM   #2
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45
Re: HOW DO U RECRUIT??

Quote:
Originally Posted by BONAFIDE
Dont really know how to recruit.I see guys I want and just go after them.I usually play with below avg teams ,so I dont have many points to start with.

If I set my % for recruiting higher,do I get more recruiting points??

The farther I recruit the more points it cost??

Whats the benefit of scouting,besides the fact u know the guys real measurements.

I can recruit and not offer?? If so how??

Any other things ,I need to know for recruiting??
Answers:

1) Yes, if you set your percentage for recruiting points higher, you will get more recruiting points. Keep in mind though that you are taking points away from training current players (making them better) and keeping them in line (discipline).

2) Yes, the farther you recruit away from your home state, the more points it will cost to effectively recruit a player. For example, assume that you are Stanford. It will cost you very few points to get a recruit from within your home state of California, but you will have to spend about four times the points to recruit a player in Florida with the same intensity.

3) Scouting lets you see accurate numbers of a player's workout numbers (40 times, bench press, GPA, etc.) . The ones the game originally generates are not always accurate, and they will either increase or decrease, helping you differentiate which guys to recruit and which not to. The numbers do in fact refer to the player's in-game ratings: 40-time = speed, shuttle = agility, bench press = strength, GPA = awareness, etc.

4) I'm not quite sure what you mean, but as far as I know, if you put any recruiting points on a player (not including scouting), you are offering him a scholarship.

Additional tips from my perspective:
-Focus your recruiting on guys that have a high interest level in your program. Those ones are the most likely to attend your school.

-In-state recruits typically have a fairly high interest in your school and don't cost many points to recruit. Try to recruit more in-state than out-of-state unless you are a top-prestige program like FSU, Miami (FL), USC, Oklahoma, etc.

-If you venture on guys that aren't as interested in your school, try to stay in-state unless the guy is a top player or in a position you desperately need. You can sometimes get a perfect pitch to guys with moderate interest, but it's not failsafe.
Old 01-03-2005, 12:03 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: HOW DO U RECRUIT??

cant say this enough if your a small program, RECRUIT IN STATE AND THEN RECRUIT IN STATE SOME MORE

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »