Home

IF..Sega makes a college game..would you buy it over NCAA?

This is a discussion on IF..Sega makes a college game..would you buy it over NCAA? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-04-2005, 10:23 AM   #33
Rookie

pennsy's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: IF..Sega makes a college game..would you buy it over NCAA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by koolbubbaice
Are you serious? Rasing the bar?? With 05 they lowered the bar.. The readers & Mod/Admins at this site both agreed that 05 was a big let down.. Even won a dubious award for it here.. EA needs comp.. Thats the bottom line.. At this point VC can give me the College atmosphore (sp) & the NFL gameplay & I'll buy it for 50.00.. We need fresh air, man.. EA aint givin it to us..
I didn't have NCAA but I did have Espn 2k5. I can't believe all the hype that game has received. This game had quarterbacks returning punts,DB's that never turned around....etc,etc. A Sega college game? NO THANKS!
Old 02-04-2005, 03:59 PM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennsy
I didn't have NCAA but I did have Espn 2k5. I can't believe all the hype that game has received. This game had quarterbacks returning punts,DB's that never turned around....etc,etc. A Sega college game? NO THANKS!

i try to judge each sports game on it's own merits. whether or not i'd buy a sega cfb game has virtually nothing to do with how pleased or displeased i am with the ncaa football series

imo too much of the debate focuses on comparing games/series and not of enough the debate focuses on the game itself. some are hell bent on proving the "worthiness" of games like espn foobtall and choops through comparisons with their ea counterparts.

but to me the question is rarely how does it compare. the question IS how does this game stand on its on merits. in that light many of the highly touted sports games, like the espn choops, lose luster

having said all that, i'll pass on a sega cfb.

i want to gives sega a pass for that god-awful cfb game on dreamcast but i i'm reluctant to.

of course, i don't think their hypothetical cfb game would be as bad as their previous one. i'd fully expect features like detailed stadiums, accurate rosters, and an immersive recruiting engine.

however, their initial offering would probably have too many holes for my liking. maybe i'd buy their game three or four years into the series.
Old 02-05-2005, 05:01 PM   #35
Rookie

EugeneMan's Arena

I would definitely buy it, even if it was espnfootball05 with college jerseys. Sega's gameplay is so much more realistic.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-05-2005, 06:43 PM   #36
MVP

devilsjaw's Arena

OVR: 27

Nope. Not net year anyway. I doubt they could make a game better than the current NCAA game in the first year. Maybe a year or two down the road, but not right away.
Old 02-11-2005, 07:15 PM   #37
Rookie

I'd buy it in a friggen heartbeat! I'm so sick and tired of the unrealistic BS gameplay I have to deal with from EA's NCAA series that I'd instantly give the competition a serious try.
Old 02-11-2005, 07:38 PM   #38
Th* ******

Spectre's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8fuldave
After the debacle that is NCAA 2005 on the XBOX, most definitely.
Easily one of the worst games I have ever played

Old 02-11-2005, 08:38 PM   #39
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Sorry to say it this way, but let me break your hopes. They are not making one, never was.
Old 02-16-2005, 07:05 PM   #40
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54

I make my decesion on actaul game play. I had NCAA 05 for X-box and thought it was a POS. My buddie told me to pick it up on PS2 and i did most of the problems solved. I also bought Madden 05 and felt like it was 04 with super juiced up DB's I also tried ESPN for the first time and loved it. So for me it is and will always be gameplay.

If I like a games' gameplay and it has good depth in the off-season menu I'll spend my money. If not I won't it's that simple for me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »