Home

EA Securing NCAA Exclusivity?

This is a discussion on EA Securing NCAA Exclusivity? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-10-2005, 10:51 PM   #9
Pro

OVR: 6
Re: EA Securing NCAA Exclusivity?

Man, they just don't know when to stop. The NFL deal was bad, but I can't even find words for this.
Old 02-10-2005, 11:40 PM   #10
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
It is true. They've been at it since December from what I understand. Their intent is to wrap up the ENTIRE football gaming market, whatever the horizons.
So this means we'll see an EA CFL game too? WOOHOO!.......Oh wait it's EA n/m

Seriously tho I can't believe a company can get away with this. If this was Canada they'd be struck down by the fair competition board.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Old 02-10-2005, 11:56 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 15

why are you guys so outraged?

its not like VC/TT had been making a college football game for years, and are now being ****ted on like EA did with the NFL license.

their hasn't even been any word of a NCAA Football game from VC, that was just speculation. I understand this is some bull****, that is probably going to hurt the industry way more than it helps, but this isn't as crappy as the NFL deal from EA.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-11-2005, 12:06 AM   #12
Rookie

Patman's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrasha

its not like VC/TT had been making a college football game for years, and are now being ****ted on like EA did with the NFL license.

their hasn't even been any word of a NCAA Football game from VC, that was just speculation. I understand this is some bull****, that is probably going to hurt the industry way more than it helps, but this isn't as crappy as the NFL deal from EA.
Actually this is huge because it was convential wisdom that such an event could not possibly occur from a legal standpoint. This is where people like you don't get it... they are removing the possibility of somebody doing it... this is the problem. Lack of choice... who cares if they aren't doing it now... or now... or now... or 10 seconds from now... now there isn't a choice to do it.

I can't believe they were able to do this?!?!?! UGH.

UConn Grad Student/TA
UMass-Lowell B.S. Math '04
Old 02-11-2005, 12:08 AM   #13
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:

I agree. And with the NCAA series from EA already of such high quality any football game from TakeTwo wouldn't have been worthwhile for several years anyways. I know alot of people cite ESPN NFL2K5 as a great game (and it is I agree) but it took years for that game to get to where it is. A college game is so much different than the NFL game they couldn't have simply ported the engine and slapped college logos on it like people seem to think. So because of these reasons this deal is nowhere near the ramifications of the EA/NFL one I don't believe.
Old 02-11-2005, 12:21 AM   #14
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
I agree. And with the NCAA series from EA already of such high quality any football game from TakeTwo wouldn't have been worthwhile for several years anyways. I know alot of people cite ESPN NFL2K5 as a great game (and it is I agree) but it took years for that game to get to where it is. A college game is so much different than the NFL game they couldn't have simply ported the engine and slapped college logos on it like people seem to think. So because of these reasons this deal is nowhere near the ramifications of the EA/NFL one I don't believe.
So by that way of thinking it's just "screw it, let's not even give them a chance" huh? These exclusive deals make me sick.
Old 02-11-2005, 04:42 AM   #15
Pro

CptObvious's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:

In some ways its worse than the NFL deal, the NCAA deal basically gives VC/TT nothing legit to make a game about. Sure it may have taken them a season to port the engine to NCAA type games, but now they don't even have that option. EA took the easy way out, use their money to eliminate the competition, instead of stepping up and making a game worthy of purchasing again.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-11-2005, 07:20 AM   #16
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wsv771
So by that way of thinking it's just "screw it, let's not even give them a chance" huh? These exclusive deals make me sick.
I'm not saying that, i'm just saying it's not as relevant to the reality of the NFL situation since they didn't make games for NCAA anyways now.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »