Home

WHY does everyone hate NCAA 2005?

This is a discussion on WHY does everyone hate NCAA 2005? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-04-2005, 12:42 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 3
Talking Re: WHY does everyone hate NCAA 2005?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jistic
...because the CPU can't pass either. Has nothing to do with skill. The passing game is flawed plain and simple.

Thank You!!!

After spending an inordinate amount of time attempting to fix the CPU passing problem with sliders, from Jistic and Pared, I couldn't live with the top rating passing teams in franchise mode having 38% completion rates.
Old 03-07-2005, 07:16 PM   #18
Rookie

Re: WHY does everyone hate NCAA 2005?

My issue with the game was the slow down on the xbox and the qb passing problem. i had no problem passing and i play with air force...but when i play utah with alex smith i dont expect to hld them to 33 percent passing.

I went back to 2004 just bc it was a more complete realistic game. There were several things that i miss out of 2005, but 2004 had some good aspects too. The one thing i really hope EA does is put the Air Force cadets in the game...it would piss me off playing at army or navy and seeing their service members--BUT WHERE THE HELL WAS THE AIR FORCE CADETS!

The HFA was an awesome idea, but just a little too over the top. If the toned it down it would be awesome. I loved the tackle animations and the replays. Personally, I have always thought NCAA had better presentation than Madden: the replays, the commentators, and the little things like the bowl games and conf championships--like the bowl logo on the jersery. Madden lacks at the little things like NCAA. 2005 was not a bad game, but compared to the past it was not the best football game out this year.

It was the first time Madden got more time than NCAA.
Old 03-07-2005, 08:16 PM   #19
Timbers - Jags - Hokies

The GIGGAS's Arena

OVR: 55

When I went 1-28 with Bryan Randall on Rookie... I saw there was something wrong.

If only VC made an NCAA football game this year.
Old 03-07-2005, 08:25 PM   #20
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrell-PMC
Thats probably the reason....
Actually it probably isn't.

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)
Old 03-07-2005, 08:25 PM   #21

jmood88's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by giggas2
When I went 1-28 with Bryan Randall on Rookie... I saw there was something wrong.

If only VC made an NCAA football game this year.
Are you from maddenmania?

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-07-2005, 09:25 PM   #22
MVP

Radja's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jistic
...because the CPU can't pass either. Has nothing to do with skill. The passing game is flawed plain and simple.
it wasnt a single player game this year, the ai could not do anything passing wise. i loved the improvements passing wise other than that.
Old 03-08-2005, 09:49 AM   #23
Banned

Grandmaster1's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeFanatic0404
Because this year you have to actually have skill to play on offense. It wasn't like last year where you could score 35+ points easily. Offense is actually hard this year, and more realistic, but most people want an arcadey game.

I couldn't have said it better myself. People tend to moan and groan when they have to make an effort to do something.
Old 03-08-2005, 09:55 AM   #24

jmood88's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandmaster1
I couldn't have said it better myself. People tend to moan and groan when they have to make an effort to do something.
It's not any harder to play(at least for me). The game just isn't a great game. It's alright but it's nothing special.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »