Home

WHY does everyone hate NCAA 2005?

This is a discussion on WHY does everyone hate NCAA 2005? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-03-2005, 04:27 PM   #1
Rookie

Tyrell-PMC's Arena

OVR: 2
Icon2 WHY does everyone hate NCAA 2005?

I haven't been following NCAA 2005 so far as its fanbase goes. The last time I was apart of a sports gaming forum talking about NCAA Football was when NCAA 2002 first game out on the PS2 and EVERYONE loved it.

For since then NCAA has been a popular game, even giving Madden a run for the money at times. Hell, many would say that NCAA 2002 was an overall better game then Madden 2002.

I played NCAA 2005 on both the Xbox and PS2. I liked it. I liked the new HFA feature because it adds to the realism of the college atmosphere. I like the new feature that tell if a player is rattled or not.

I like the new player disipline system. However I think it is a bit over-used as almost EVERY week there is a new problem. It still adds more to the overall student-athlete appeal and situations.

Of course NCAA 2005 isn't a perfect game. Even NCAA 2002 a game that many considers one of the best even had its flaws and issues. So does NCAA 2005.

I know what the problem is. NCAA Football 2005 is actually a good game. Its just that it had some problems here and there. It really isn't that bad game that MANY puts it out to be. We as NCAA Football fans are so used to getting good games since NCAA 2002 so when we finally get a game that has a few issues, we all go crazy and claim it as one of the worst Football games ever made! Its like Michael Jordan. People are so used to him going out every night and scoring 30+ points with like 8+ assist. When he has 1 bad game with like 15 points and 2 assist fans start to wonder. When actually 15 points and 2 assist is actually some nice stats to carry. Its just that we are so used to seeing him score more.

Same here. NCAA 2005 isn't all that bad. Good game in my mind, its just that EA made a few mistakes here and there and now everyone complains and says that they is an awful game when it really isn't.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-03-2005, 04:38 PM   #2

ChicagoChris's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: WHY does everyone hate NCAA 2005?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrell-PMC
I haven't been following NCAA 2005 so far as its fanbase goes. The last time I was apart of a sports gaming forum talking about NCAA Football was when NCAA 2002 first game out on the PS2 and EVERYONE loved it.

For since then NCAA has been a popular game, even giving Madden a run for the money at times. Hell, many would say that NCAA 2002 was an overall better game then Madden 2002.

I played NCAA 2005 on both the Xbox and PS2. I liked it. I liked the new HFA feature because it adds to the realism of the college atmosphere. I like the new feature that tell if a player is rattled or not.

I like the new player disipline system. However I think it is a bit over-used as almost EVERY week there is a new problem. It still adds more to the overall student-athlete appeal and situations.

Of course NCAA 2005 isn't a perfect game. Even NCAA 2002 a game that many considers one of the best even had its flaws and issues. So does NCAA 2005.

I know what the problem is. NCAA Football 2005 is actually a good game. Its just that it had some problems here and there. It really isn't that bad game that MANY puts it out to be. We as NCAA Football fans are so used to getting good games since NCAA 2002 so when we finally get a game that has a few issues, we all go crazy and claim it as one of the worst Football games ever made! Its like Michael Jordan. People are so used to him going out every night and scoring 30+ points with like 8+ assist. When he has 1 bad game with like 15 points and 2 assist fans start to wonder. When actually 15 points and 2 assist is actually some nice stats to carry. Its just that we are so used to seeing him score more.

Same here. NCAA 2005 isn't all that bad. Good game in my mind, its just that EA made a few mistakes here and there and now everyone complains and says that they is an awful game when it really isn't.
Simple. It became a $50 doorstop once i relized it ran like crap on my widescreen TV.
Old 03-03-2005, 05:45 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3

I don't hate it at all. Just this year, I'm starting to get into Football games. First, I played NCAA 2005, and thought that game was awesome. I played through quite a few seasons, and simply loved it.

Then a friend bought Madden 2005, and we played a season co-op. I felt that it was several steps down from NCAA. It just seemed like such a plain-vanilla game. We went undefeated with no trouble at all, and the playoffs and superbowl were treated (presentation-wise) just like any other game. We're still playing it, but so far it's been a big let down.

Now I've borrowed ESPN 2K5, and I'm trying to get a feel for it so I can give Franchise a go. But so far, it seems that what I thought was a newly discovered love for football games may very well be just for one Football game... NCAA 2005. But I'm hoping....

Last edited by malrak; 03-03-2005 at 06:24 PM.
Old 03-03-2005, 06:13 PM   #4
Rookie

DukeFanatic0404's Arena

OVR: 3

Because this year you have to actually have skill to play on offense. It wasn't like last year where you could score 35+ points easily. Offense is actually hard this year, and more realistic, but most people want an arcadey game.
Old 03-03-2005, 06:20 PM   #5
All Star

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeFanatic0404
Because this year you have to actually have skill to play on offense. It wasn't like last year where you could score 35+ points easily. Offense is actually hard this year, and more realistic, but most people want an arcadey game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-03-2005, 06:52 PM   #6
MVP

bgeno's Arena

OVR: 18

Give me everything in that game and put it into any football game and I'll love it........ EXCEPT for the passing game.

You can go ahead and tell me that I just suck and that it actually takes skill and all that, but I will continue to say that there is very little short passing game in NCAA05. I can hit the deep stuff all day, maybe too much, but when it comes to a 5 yard out or a drag, it just isn't happening.

I LOVE the running game, especially out of a pro split back set. It's just that I cant get a short passing game going and that's where it goes wrong.

It seems like even when I do find the open guy that I dont get rewarded with a catch and he'll often drop the ball.

I watch friends who LOVE the game play it and all they do is launch it deep and hope the reciever comes down with it.
Old 03-03-2005, 07:52 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeFanatic0404
right on the money there man.

people get pissed that recievers drop passes and db's have a high AI, but the thing is without those so called "glitches" i would be puttin up 50 on the board every game. to me thats just not fun, and the inclusion of those things is primarily why i love 2005 and cant wait for 2006
Old 03-03-2005, 08:39 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

OVR: 28

...because the CPU can't pass either. Has nothing to do with skill. The passing game is flawed plain and simple.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »