Home

NCAA 2006 to implement Instant Replay?

This is a discussion on NCAA 2006 to implement Instant Replay? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-03-2005, 09:48 PM   #1
Rookie

Tyrell-PMC's Arena

OVR: 2
Icon2 NCAA 2006 to implement Instant Replay?

Well last year the Big Ten tried out the IR aspect and it worked okayl. It was a bit odd and many coaches didn't like it. They thought that it ruined the momentum that is so common in college football. I think the stat is like out of 43 challenged calls, 21 of those were over-turned.

Also taking interest lately is the ACC and SEC conferences. I believe those two conferences has agreed to implement IR in their scheme of things. Making it 3 major college conferences with Instant Replay.

With THAT being said, should EA Sports take notice of this and make sure that NCAA 2006 has the IR feature for the Big Ten, ACC, & SEC conferences?

This is going to be an interesting debate....

My say is, if its in real life....then it should be in the game. Hence "If its in the game, ITS IN THA GAME" that EA Sports always go by. EA Sports might not agree with it and the fans might not agree, but it should be in there cause thats how the real game is played. I mean if all of a sudden if fans don't like the BCS, does that mean that EA should just totally drop that to? No! Because its part of the game and if you don't like it then don't buy it.

The difference between the Big Ten IR and NFL IR is that in the Big Ten the coaches can call for IR, it can only be called by the people upstairs. So in the case of the videogame, you wouldn't have control over it like you do in Madden. Instead if the CPU sees a play that its doesn't like....then the CPU will challenge it.

What what are your thoughts?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-03-2005, 10:09 PM   #2
Pro

truckie16's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: NCAA 2006 to implement Instant Replay?

I'll be happy if I can save my replays, just like every other football video game for the past three years!!! What is EAs problem with this in NCAA.

Oh! I agree with you on the instant replay issue.
Old 03-03-2005, 11:05 PM   #3
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

OVR: 12

i don't think they know for sure which confrences are going to use Instant replay yet. So it might be a little to late to put it in the game
Old 03-03-2005, 11:23 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 31

Make it an option for the user.
Old 03-03-2005, 11:43 PM   #5
Rookie

Tyrell-PMC's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by pfunk880
Make it an option for the user.
While I respect everyones opinions I don't want to turn this into some type of flame war. However I'm going to have to dissagree.

First off having IR would be part of the gameplay and the reality of the game. Yes it would be out of the players hands and be placed in the CPU's hands. But take a look at fumbles. That is part of the gameplay and the reality of the game and yet that is out of the players hands and in the CPU's hands. So you would also like it for it to be an option for the user to turn off or on fumbles?

What about when you are on offense and you are the QB and is faking the snap so that you can try to draw the defense offsides and one of your linemen stupidly jumps and causes a false start. That is out of your hand and is left up to the CPU.

What I'm trying to get at is that these are all elements of the game whether we like it or not. And if we ignore these elements then we are missing out the the real aspect of the game. Whether we like IR in college we have to accept it because it is part of the game.

Again many people don't like the BCS but yet EA still has to have it in there because it IS part of the game. No there is no option to turn the BCS on or off, it is just there and we have to accept that.

Same thing goes with the IR in Big Ten/ACC/SEC. Many of us hates that idea (I really don't care) but it should be in there and there SHOULD'nt be an option to turn it off because you wouldn't be playing REAL football NCAA way but rather you fake way.

Thats just my 2cents.

As for the person who said that EA doesn't know who all will use IR. Well this is my idea. Since EA knows that the Big Ten/ACC/SEC will have IR. They should just go ahead right now and implement IR in those 3 conferences when you do Dynasty or Season mode. If there are other conferences that decides to go IR and if EA has the time, then go ahead and add them as well. But right now they could just go ahead and add those 3 in now cause they are a for sure.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-04-2005, 12:54 AM   #6
Rookie

What's the harm in making an option to turn it off? Not everyone that plays the game plays it realisticly...If you want realism, you can turn it on. If others don't like it, they can turn it off.
Old 03-04-2005, 10:55 AM   #7
*n H**t*s..R*b**ld*ng..

SLAYER's Arena

OVR: 10

Speaking of the BCS, I think it would be HUGE if EA or 2K Games (if they go the college route) had the sack to add a playoff tree for the National Championship as an option in future additions. I know the NCAA wouldn't like it, but it would be pretty sweet.
Old 03-04-2005, 11:11 AM   #8
Pro

truckie16's Arena

OVR: 7

If they adde all 1aa schools they would have to have a playoff. Maybe it would only be accessable to 1aa teams but I think EA could sneak it in there.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »