Home

Anyone still play NCAA 2005?

This is a discussion on Anyone still play NCAA 2005? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-19-2005, 05:44 PM   #25
MVP

OVR: 9
Re: Anyone still play NCAA 2005?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Hmm...so half the ppl here have the game and hate it but not one person willing to sell it. Guess you all don't hate it too much, LOL
The game didn't make it through August in my case....while I'm holding out a shred of hope they overhauled the game for this year I'm certainly not going to be preordering anymore. To me it was really that bad.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-19-2005, 05:51 PM   #26
Hall Of Fame

NYJets's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Hmm...so half the ppl here have the game and hate it but not one person willing to sell it. Guess you all don't hate it too much, LOL
I sold mine before the season started.
Old 04-14-2005, 12:09 PM   #27
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreBly
I play '04 more then '05
I'd be happy to get rid of it, its that bad
I completely agree with you. The bells and whistles added to 05 didn't save the problems this year.
Old 04-14-2005, 01:17 PM   #28
umd
MVP

umd's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeeholic
I completely agree with you. The bells and whistles added to 05 didn't save the problems this year.
May my copy of 05 RIP.
Old 04-14-2005, 04:22 PM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 2

I actually hated '05 with a passion when it was released.

Then I decided to pick it up a couple months ago not having anything else to play. After finding Pared's sliders here I have been playing it like crazy. I play a game a night and it has been the game that has taken up the majority of my time for the past couple months with no end in sight. I will probably end up playing it right to the point that '06 is released.

My only major problem with the game is the fact that I can turn the holding slider all the way left and I still get 5-10 holding penalties a game between the 2 teams. That is absolute crap. There are other things I don't like but that's the only one that is close to being a deal breaker.

I don't seem to have the same problems with passing that other people do. I'm in the 3rd year of my dynasty and each QB I've had has had over a 60% completion rate.
Old 04-14-2005, 11:01 PM   #30
Pro

DoubleDeuce's Arena

OVR: 6

Pared's sliders help a lot, but I just play NCAA '04 now. I played '05 for about a month and a half before I couldn't take it anymore. Just not fun.
Old 04-14-2005, 11:24 PM   #31
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

The games are going to continue to get more realistic, especially with the next-gen systems coming out. For those of you who say that 05 isn't fun I suspect it's because of your failure to incorporate the time to learn and utilize the new strategies. The days of playing lob ball with a scrub QB and scoring easy points are over. Or maybe you could just keep playing games from 2003 or 2004 the rest of your life, whatever floats your boat!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-14-2005, 11:41 PM   #32
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
The games are going to continue to get more realistic, especially with the next-gen systems coming out. For those of you who say that 05 isn't fun I suspect it's because of your failure to incorporate the time to learn and utilize the new strategies. The days of playing lob ball with a scrub QB and scoring easy points are over. Or maybe you could just keep playing games from 2003 or 2004 the rest of your life, whatever floats your boat!
Why do you keep saying that over and over again? Just beacause you say it alot doesn't mean that it's the reason that people don't like the game. It just sounds like you are trying to convince yourself that it's the truth.

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »