Home

First information from the EA trip on Ncaa I could find

This is a discussion on First information from the EA trip on Ncaa I could find within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 03-22-2005, 08:50 AM   #57
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: First information from the EA trip on Ncaa I could find

Quote:
Originally Posted by umd
well like i said before getting banned over at maddenmania...whats the point then?
Hmm..maybe to get you to visit his site was the point..lol. I think we all should know by now that for real info there's only one site you need to bookmark and you're already here.
Old 03-22-2005, 09:57 AM   #58
MVP

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACZILLA
Gotta say I was a little surprised to see this thread. Since some of the guys here seem to be looking for an explanation I'll do the best I can....
The public always DEMANDS an explanation!

Anyways, thanks for the info. Your explanation certainly sounds reasonable enough.
Old 03-22-2005, 10:34 AM   #59
umd
MVP

umd's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Hmm..maybe to get you to visit his site was the point..lol. I think we all should know by now that for real info there's only one site you need to bookmark and you're already here.
so so true. for once we agree. And that's the way I see it. Want an unbisaed opinion on a game? OS forums are the only way to go now...we have fanboys sure but the number of sports gamers outnumber the fanboys like 5,6, 7-1 easily.

No game gets disected more than it does here thats for sure.

Also doesnt hurt that the good people here dont hype things they cant, wont or dont know if they can deliver.
Old 03-23-2005, 01:53 AM   #60
L.A. to S.D. to HI

Boltman's Arena

OVR: 34

This thread the last few posts has turned...very interesting...to say the least.

Old 03-27-2005, 04:58 AM   #61
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by michigan21
I remember you byuruss. You were a lone wolf on that site being a BYU fan. If I remember it right you were singing the praises of Luke Staley. Go times were had on the site.
Yes, good old Luke Staley. Had an amazing junior year at BYU, declared for the draft, then blew out his knee in training camp with the Detroit Lions. Career over.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-27-2005, 09:20 PM   #62
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougarblue1
Yes, good old Luke Staley. Had an amazing junior year at BYU, declared for the draft, then blew out his knee in training camp with the Detroit Lions. Career over.
Yea, my hometown Lions drafted him and I though he could carve out a niche, but it just didn't work out.
Old 03-28-2005, 08:05 AM   #63
MVP

OVR: 9

Why the heck are you guys getting so worked up about this??

Look, a lot of the Madden sites out there are technically "fansites" and not what you would call media outlets and they are run by guys out of their houses. So, yeah, maybe some of them got a little pumped up about going to EA and checking out the new games, I know i would be. So, they got all excited and told the fellow members of the site about it only to get there and have to sign a pretty strict NDA.

So, what?

The games won't coming out for another few months anyway and the real news won't be coming out until around the time of E3.

Also, I'd be willing to bet that if most of you had your own websites and were invited to EA, you would be pumped and put it on your website, too. I know i would!
Old 03-29-2005, 01:14 AM   #64
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by bangpow
Why the heck are you guys getting so worked up about this??

Look, a lot of the Madden sites out there are technically "fansites" and not what you would call media outlets and they are run by guys out of their houses. So, yeah, maybe some of them got a little pumped up about going to EA and checking out the new games, I know i would be. So, they got all excited and told the fellow members of the site about it only to get there and have to sign a pretty strict NDA.

So, what?

The games won't coming out for another few months anyway and the real news won't be coming out until around the time of E3.

Also, I'd be willing to bet that if most of you had your own websites and were invited to EA, you would be pumped and put it on your website, too. I know i would!

If you'd been around (or noticed if you'd been around) for awhile it's the same sites who often do this time and time again is why people react negatively. It's basically just a ploy to work up excitement and cause people to visit their site where one finds nothing except "sorry we have no info but the game was awesome". It may not result in any real information for anyone but if it gets them some more traffic then mission accomplished.

This is more commonly known on the net as bait and switch or "spam". There is nothing wrong with excitement about a site or someone associated with a site going to see the new games but promising information and then not being able to deliver time and time again is bound to cause people to react negatively. Most of us give these sites the benefit of the doubt but continuing to do so when it's the same old crap year after year is enough to make anyone a little bent!!! Don't promise if you can't deliver!!!!!
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »