Home

Let's do something, even if it doesn't work.

This is a discussion on Let's do something, even if it doesn't work. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 04-12-2005, 10:37 AM   #41
Banned

OVR: 4
Re: Let's do something, even if it doesn't work.

I would love to have a whopper, hell i would love to have an Apple Slice. Yet I'm not gonna sue to get them back.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-12-2005, 10:38 AM   #42
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayvis

It can't be overstated how much these deals are going to affect the consumer; like nothing in recent memory.
This I will agree with. I think the video game industry has just changed forever!

It's all gonna be about licensing deals and us only being stuck with one choice for each of our favorite sports games. However, if EA didn't make these deals, someone else would have. If Take 2 would've made all these deals, I would be defending their business moves as much as i've defended EA's.

Fans of both games would really be @ss out if someone like Disney or Sony gobbled up all the licenses.
Old 04-12-2005, 10:45 AM   #43
Banned

The Video Game industry was changed when the Coleco Vision and Intelvision came out. Remember this "You can play Atari games on Coleco vision, yet you cannot play Coleco Vision on Atari" There will always be exclusive content. Someone will always have something, no one else has. It is the nature of things. The choices are adapt or do your own thing. 10 people could make their own Football game. I would like to see a Football game done with the Havoc engine. It was used to make Psi Ops. Imagine football with rag doll physics. Until the day EA gets the license for Football, it is business as usual. It just matters if other compaines will take chances on a non-nfl game. Like they have with non nascar with racing.
Old 04-12-2005, 10:47 AM   #44
Banned

Herd90XB's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObiWanJenkins
Stop right there. You have a choice to purchase or not purchase. You are in no way being hurt by lack of innovation or choice.

So a choice between purchasing one game or none is better than being able to choose between several different football, baseball, basketball or Nascar games???? Give me a freakin' break.
Old 04-12-2005, 10:48 AM   #45
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herd90XB
So a choice between purchasing one game or none is better than being able to choose between several different football, baseball, basketball or Nascar games???? Give me a freakin' break.
You do have a choice.

Keep the games that you already have and edit the players or not buy the new games that come out.

problem solved.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-12-2005, 10:50 AM   #46
Pro

quietcool72's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by bangpow
This I will agree with. I think the video game industry has just changed forever!

It's all gonna be about licensing deals and us only being stuck with one choice for each of our favorite sports games. However, if EA didn't make these deals, someone else would have. If Take 2 would've made all these deals, I would be defending their business moves as much as i've defended EA's.

Fans of both games would really be @ss out if someone like Disney or Sony gobbled up all the licenses.
Yeah, I read somewhere that Disney was a big player in trying to get the NFL bid. Could you imagine?!?!

Its pretty bad though. There's alot of greed going around. The other leagues saw the big-money precedent. I bet the NHL tries to put together an offer to the game companies to help give them some much needed cash now. I guess the NBA is the only entity with any regard for the customer nowadays. Congrats to David Stern on that.

Of course- how long before someone in the NBA boardroom says "Hey, if the NFL can get between 300 & 500 million on games, why not us?"

How many years before they change their attitude, like the rest?
Old 04-12-2005, 10:50 AM   #47
Banned

Herd90XB's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fortheroad
I would love to have a whopper, hell i would love to have an Apple Slice. Yet I'm not gonna sue to get them back.
I haven't said a thing about boycotting or legal action. The only thing I've said is that exclusivity in sports gaming is bad for the consumer!!!!!!!! That's all I've said!!!!
Old 04-12-2005, 10:52 AM   #48
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herd90XB
I haven't said a thing about boycotting or legal action. The only thing I've said is that exclusivity in sports gaming is bad for the consumer!!!!!!!! That's all I've said!!!!
I don't remember quoting you. You say it is bad, I get that. I say it is over with, move on.

Last edited by 1fortheroad; 04-12-2005 at 10:55 AM.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »