Home

Let's do something, even if it doesn't work.

This is a discussion on Let's do something, even if it doesn't work. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 04-12-2005, 12:36 PM   #65
Pro

quietcool72's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Let's do something, even if it doesn't work.

My question is this- what if VC was working on a college game? I hope that wasn't the case. My guess is they had some inside info that would have prohibited this being any kind of surprise (Or at least I hope the NCAA was kind enough not to pull that crap on them mid-cycle.)

Here's hoping they (VC/Take Two) make a Hall Of Fame game of some sort with non-licensed classic vintage teams...

Or- some kind of non-licensed league like "Blitz: The League" is attempting. (Except with 11 on 11, full season play, and realism.)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-12-2005, 01:03 PM   #66
ObiWanJenkins

OVR:

I find it some amusing there people that say their choice has been taken away. There are many games offered every month. If you're so offended, don't buy the game. Stop trying to draw the government in to control your lives because you're so weak-willed. Wah wah, I can't have two football games this year, so Mr. President, please stop the evil company, because I have a gun held to my head to make me buy it. Give me a break!

Old 04-12-2005, 01:27 PM   #67
Rookie

OVR: 5

What I would like to happen is for there to be something more official, for people that are disgusted with these deals to be involved in: A proper campaign to make the average consumer aware of what's going on.

If we're going to boycott, then we should at least organise it and try to get others that don't know the facts aware and interested in doing the same with e-mail and flyers etc...For instance, people that want to boycott can go down to gamestop on release day and protest. This can't be done effectively, with force and numbers unless we get organised. We could also petition the FTC and show our disgust with the system,even if it isn't backed by the legal system.

If I'm going down, I'm going down fighting man.
Old 04-12-2005, 01:52 PM   #68
Banned

Herd90XB's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObiWanJenkins
I find it some amusing there people that say their choice has been taken away. There are many games offered every month. If you're so offended, don't buy the game. Stop trying to draw the government in to control your lives because you're so weak-willed. Wah wah, I can't have two football games this year, so Mr. President, please stop the evil company, because I have a gun held to my head to make me buy it. Give me a break!
Oh good lord. Do we have to listen to a Rush Limbaugh parrot? Stick to video gaming, not neo-con ranting.
Old 04-12-2005, 02:08 PM   #69
Banned

Herd90XB's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObiWanJenkins
I find it some amusing there people that say their choice has been taken away. There are many games offered every month.

WTF is so hard to understand? The choice in sports gaming has been taken away. You can't agree with that?

There are many games offered every month. What's your point? Are they new football, baseball, basketball or NASCAR games? No. A couple of years ago you could buy several NEW football games or rent them all and then buy the one you found to be the most fun. Same with Basketball and Baseball. With NASCAR you even had a couple to choose from.

Call me stupid if you wish, but as a consumer, I think it's much better to have choices between NEW SPORTS games rather than just having the option of buying one only or keeping what I had from last year and editing it.

Could something be done about it? These days, probably not. Most young people have been weened on "oneness." They have their local Wal-Mart and McDonalds so everything is groovy baaaby.

I'm not losing sleep over it. I'll buy the only sports game available now or I'll keep what I have and edit for hours.

I'm just saying that this is bad for sports gamers. The people that say no it isn't, they're the one's I find amusing.
Old 04-12-2005, 02:14 PM   #70
Bl*bfl*th z*p!

fossen's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herd90XB
I'm just saying that this is bad for sports gamers. The people that say no it isn't, they're the one's I find amusing.
I don't think anyone's saying it's not bad for sports gamers .... they are saying it's not a violation of your basic human rights, or even your constitutional ones.

It sucks. But it's not something to sue over, or get Congress involved in or any other such nonsense.

This won't be determined off boycotts or petitions. If EA makes a profit on this deal, it will be a success. All the message board whinging in the world won't alter the bottom line.
Old 04-12-2005, 02:49 PM   #71
All Star

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by quietcool72
Obviously you are right, Herd. But exclusive contracts aren't about being "right" or "wrong". They are what they are. But at the end of the day-other than not buy the given product- everything else is a waste of emotion. I'll end up buying, and so will many of you. That's just the way it is.

I'll be curious to see the new NCAA football product- particularly after playing last year's, which I felt was the worst football game that came out in 2004. The new version may give us a hint of what EA may or may not do when there's no threat of competition.
Dude, you are so right - there's nothing we can do about any of this stuff, other than vote with our wallets. I'm done with all EA sports games, but everyone makes their own decisions. I'm certainly not going to tell anyone else what's right or wrong and I'm in no position to judge those that want to buy EA stuff. But, in reply to those who say people that are boycotting don't buy EA stuff anyway, I can tell you that the self-imposed ban has already prevented me from buying Fight Night Round 2, which I had a pre-order on (and subsequently swapped over to GTA:San Andreas for XBox). Yeah, it'll suck not having college football games this year, but the last thing I want to do is give EA more money so they can buy up more exclusive licenses. Besides, I won't have any money left by fall anyway, now that I have a new addiction (Derby Owner's Club, which I already mentioned in another post). I know you guys won't believe it, but it's way more addictive than any football or console sports game (until they come out with a home version, that is).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-12-2005, 02:51 PM   #72
Banned

Herd90XB's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by fossen
I don't think anyone's saying it's not bad for sports gamers .... they are saying it's not a violation of your basic human rights, or even your constitutional ones.

It sucks. But it's not something to sue over, or get Congress involved in or any other such nonsense.

This won't be determined off boycotts or petitions. If EA makes a profit on this deal, it will be a success. All the message board whinging in the world won't alter the bottom line.

I agree with everything you've written. But some were saying that there wouldn't be a lack of choice. And some said that this wouldn't be bad for sports gamers.

Does it do any good to whine about it? Probably not. I was just chiming in because of those that say it's not bad for sports gamers.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »