Home

IGN preview of NCAA 06 is up..

This is a discussion on IGN preview of NCAA 06 is up.. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-14-2005, 08:17 PM   #33
MVP

OVR: 17
Re: IGN preview of NCAA 06 is up..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dauminator
The GameSpot article stated that you cannot use linemen for Race for the Heisman.
That is pathetic.

Not shooting the messenger though, thanks for the info.
Old 04-14-2005, 08:45 PM   #34
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

Again, this is a good idea but why don't they mention whether the gameplay has been fixed before they start talking about features?
Old 04-14-2005, 08:49 PM   #35
Where have I been?

Lintyfresh85's Arena

OVR: 37

Jmood as a casual fan, opposed to the real fan you are, would you rather a) hear about the new glitz and glam or b) hear about how there is no more suction blocking on the o-line. I think it's just a way to make a splash and get the market of casual gamers who are undecided excited about the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-14-2005, 08:51 PM   #36
Banned

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmood88
Again, this is a good idea but why don't they mention whether the gameplay has been fixed before they start talking about features?
That's the thing with EA all they do is add a feature. They don't fix the things that need to be fixed.
Old 04-14-2005, 08:56 PM   #37
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54

I will always be optimistic about NCAA the last two Maddens were useless to me. I didn't even play them longer than a month (04 & 05). But with NCAA I always have liked it. I was a little pissed that I had to trade in my xbox version for the ps2 version last year. With that being said....

EA needs to make sure that the CPU passing game is fixed. (I can remember a game against USC where their QB's went a combined 0-2nd half this after missing on 4 passes the whole first half)

I still feel like the running game is missing something. It is the between the tackels aspest of the game. It is two much like a pinball and the block are to inconsistant to read. You have most of your sucess bouncing outside (no matter who the back is)

My only other real complaint comes from the BS factor. If I am throwing a pass and a defender has his head not facing my QB but he is still able to make a play on a ball that for all pourposes he never even saw me throw that really bugs me.

I am again looking forward to this game like I do every year, but I doubt if I will use the new CFTH, it seems like it is for the kids. (Plus I have abeef with EA heisman selection process anyway. But that is for another thread another time.) Hope springs eternal and I trust the EA will make an effort to keep me satified as a fan. This year.

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:
Old 04-14-2005, 11:54 PM   #38
MVP

rpac44's Arena

OVR: 7

i probably wont use race for the heisman much if at all because im a realism guy but i love that they added a cinematic heisman presentation
NHL-Blackhawks
MLB-White Sox
EPL-Chelsea
Old 04-15-2005, 01:35 PM   #39
Rookie

kirkdawg's Arena

OVR: 4

I have zero interest in the new feature and while I understand that opening with news about gameplay would be pretty boring to the average gamer, I'm disappointed that they obviously spent a lot of time implementing a feature that I never plan to use. For those of us who have already been through college, the idea of reliving it virtually seems wholly unappealing. EA's development teams need to do more market research before upgrading their products. Ask those of us that already play the series what we would do to improve it. Give those of us who are already their consumers a better reason than updated rosters to buy again. I'm going to reserve judgment on the game as a whole until I hear about whether or not the AI is fixed. No slider adjustment has gotten me anywhere close to realism with my passing stats, especially CPU passing.

Here's hoping gameplay is improved, roster sizes are increased, and they give us the option to turn off suspensions. I can't wait to hear some good news about this game.
Old 04-15-2005, 02:08 PM   #40
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirkdawg
For those of us who have already been through college, the idea of reliving it virtually seems wholly unappealing.
Speak for yourself, I'd kill to be back in college.

All kidding aside, I doubt I'll play this mode very much. But so long as it doesn't supplant the traditional dynasty mode, I don't have a big problem with this being included.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »