Home

How lame.

This is a discussion on How lame. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-14-2005, 01:50 PM   #49
Rookie

mjacks10's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: How lame.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glucklich
But lets say you were bashing EA, how can you really say its not justifiable. I still play NCAA 2005 even though I have to deactivate the fatigue and Im a big fan of Madden 2005 actually but this feature is so off the mark when you consider the average age of its NCAA customer. Bashing them in this case is justifiable.
I agree with you. This feature is useless to me. But when I said that I wasn't bashing EA, I meant it in the sense of the doomsday gamers that have already written the game off after only 1 day of limited information. This feature really did miss the mark, but there's plenty of time to make a better impression. I'm just keeping a cautiously optimistic outlook for now until I get more info, particularly on any chages made concerning gameplay and recruiting.
Old 04-14-2005, 02:53 PM   #50
Rookie

OVR: 3

I'm actually one of the people who ended up liking 2005 (I have a PS2) but I'm really disappointed with what we know so far. The first info on a game, like a movie trailer, should get you excited. It should make you think, "I've got to get this game!" As a 30-something-year-old man, with a job and a wife, I have absolutely no interest in pretending I'm 17 and living in a dorm. No, strike that, less than none. I buy this game because I like the sport of football on the field and in the locker room. How about deeper playbooks, a Senior Bowl, more player and coach models, halftime highlights, even Lee Corso's pre-season outlook? I'll see what comes out of E3, but this is almost a deal-breaker for me.
Old 04-14-2005, 02:59 PM   #51
umd
MVP

umd's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthHusker
I'm actually one of the people who ended up liking 2005 (I have a PS2) but I'm really disappointed with what we know so far. The first info on a game, like a movie trailer, should get you excited. It should make you think, "I've got to get this game!" As a 30-something-year-old man, with a job and a wife, I have absolutely no interest in pretending I'm 17 and living in a dorm. No, strike that, less than none. I buy this game because I like the sport of football on the field and in the locker room. How about deeper playbooks, a Senior Bowl, more player and coach models, halftime highlights, even Lee Corso's pre-season outlook? I'll see what comes out of E3, but this is almost a deal-breaker for me.
Your post and others have made me think if EA has lost touch with the 25-40 crowd that have been with EA since the beginning. Maybe they havent realized that their original football gamers from Bill Walsh are in an entirely new age group and gamestyle bracket. Just a thought.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-14-2005, 03:04 PM   #52
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpd115
Don't worry guys we can always not buy it and simply buy....oh wait....they're the only game in town.

This marks year 6 of this steller engine!

Anyone else going to hate the prospect of playing NCAA with no Tunnel Vision and then hopping into Madden and geting a QB with flashlight eyeballs?
Definately.
This might be an issue for choosing one or the other because it could be like switching back and forth between First person shooters with very different controls. Playing one messes you up for the other. I knwo they like some things in the two games to be different to create the right atmosphere but if they leave this out of NCAA for more than one year it would be a bad idea.
Old 04-14-2005, 03:07 PM   #53
Rookie

OVR: 3

Amen, umd.
Old 04-14-2005, 03:31 PM   #54
MVP

rocker78's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by umd
Your post and others have made me think if EA has lost touch with the 25-40 crowd that have been with EA since the beginning. Maybe they havent realized that their original football gamers from Bill Walsh are in an entirely new age group and gamestyle bracket. Just a thought.
maybe they are just not concerned with the 25-40 age bracket. i would say most people that age dont care abot video games that much and just play them or even might have given them up altogether. they would like to appeal to the younger crowd which is a good business decision.
mlb- boston redsox
nhl- carolina hurricanes
ncaa- east carolina pirates
Old 04-14-2005, 03:32 PM   #55
BOOM!

AuburnAlumni's Arena

OVR: 43

Even moreso UMD...it seems that EA has forgotten that those same folks who grew up playing Bill Walsh, etc. are now not only older but have more disposable income than your average 12 year old does.

Heck...you and I both play in online leagues, put a lot of time into stat tracking, etc...all for the love of NCAA.

When EA proceeds to basically move towards "gimmicks" etc...your average late 20s/early 30s gamer is probably gonna be turned off by it.

That's an awful lot of $$$ that EA could potentially be blowing down the toilet if they continue with the create-a-water cooler features and ignore the 60" vertical leaps of DBs and less than 50/50 chance of completing a 4 yard curl route.

We shall see.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-14-2005, 03:32 PM   #56
Rookie

OVR: 0

[quote=AirLobo23]you people are absolutely ridiculous...

probably all the way thru May you'll bash this game....then once release date gets closer, all of a sudden everyone will be saying how incredible it is going to be....then when it arrives the compaints will once again start...(the starting left tackle for Troy State is the wrong height) then, after the it's cool to complain about the game wears off, it'll be Madden time for complaints...it's a never ending vicious cycle...i swear some people can just not be satisfied..

they should complain. It's the same game (same as madden) the gimmicks are lame just like last year. no real gameplay featurs.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »