Home

Anyone else tired of the recruiting engine?

This is a discussion on Anyone else tired of the recruiting engine? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-17-2005, 09:57 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Anyone else tired of the recruiting engine?

I know I can't be the only one. The funny thing is in previous years I loved recruiting, but this past year it became a chore to get through all five weeks. I am hoping for a more in depth mode from Ea this year but that is probably wishful thinking. Anyone else feel the same way?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-17-2005, 10:01 PM   #2
Pro

TerpsJunkie's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Anyone else tired of the recruiting engine?

I would actually be glad to see EA get a Rivals.com license or something and really spruce up the presentation for recruiting. Maybe add a dream school for some players that grew up rooting for that school.
Old 04-17-2005, 10:01 PM   #3
Th* C*mm*shn*k*v

cliburn's Arena

OVR: 15

I'm tired of the lame "pitch". All I do is start with the same pitch everytime and switch it until he likes it. That is not in-depth recruiting. I would like for the scouting report for every prospect have his top three pitches listed and, if you can't meet those requirements, you don't bother recruiting him. For instance, if you are Syracuse and run an option offense, you scout a kid whose priorities are: warm weather; passing offense; playing time. You know you can't score the kid so you don't waste your time.
Old 04-17-2005, 10:04 PM   #4
H*F Cl*ss *f '09

Kanobi's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortsoldier
I would like for the scouting report for every prospect have his top three pitches listed and, if you can't meet those requirements, you don't bother recruiting him.
Yeah, basically like the free agent priorities in Madden's franchise.
Old 04-17-2005, 10:11 PM   #5
H*ll *f F*m*

OVR: 28

I would love to have more of an RPG style of recruiting. Also more cimimatics during the final weeks prior to signing day.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-17-2005, 11:09 PM   #6
T*rg*t F**ld

bergie56's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerpsJunkie
I would actually be glad to see EA get a Rivals.com license or something and really spruce up the presentation for recruiting. Maybe add a dream school for some players that grew up rooting for that school.
That would be great, kinda like how MVP got Baseball America. I agree with the poster who said it would be nice to see something like Madden's priority list.
Old 04-17-2005, 11:13 PM   #7
LPU
Rookie

LPU's Arena

OVR: 3

ahem...... year round recruiting..... *cough*cough*
Old 04-17-2005, 11:27 PM   #8
Rookie

radoslaw77's Arena

OVR: 2
Recruiting and Ratings

Recruiting. Don't get me started. I also want to say something about ratings.

I love following HS recruiting - very fun. Like you all said; I too just flip thru the choices until the kid likes one and then repeat AD NAUSEUM.

Doesn't seem to matter if I give 5 pts or 10 pts to the kid, he'll usually come.

Let's know more about the kid in his little info square. Discipline, 40, squat, bench ... all good. What about his dream school. What about the type of offense he fits best in.

I would love to see some in-season recruiting stuff. Invite guys to visit. Before the game, it could cut to a scene with you and the recruit in your office, you offer the #1 HS QB a scholie and ask him to commit. He says yes or no -- it would be cool. Or perhaps, it shows the recruits on the sidline during a cut-away in the middle of the game. Or maybe the kid's dad talks to you and wants money, or a car, or promises of playing time -- then you have to answer, and then you see a reaction.

Every week you get updates on kids - did they commit, did they flunk the SATs or a class so you either pull the scholie and offer to someone else or you stay with him and hope he passes. Maybe the kid on the visit has "poor discipline" and he gets in a fight (NCAA interest goes up and you yank the scholie).

How about making the players more accurate.
5-stars: 20 - most are good, a few are great, and a few stink
4-stars: 100 - most good, some great, 20 mediocre, 10 stink
3-stars: 300 - some good, some great, 150 mediocre, 50 stink
2-stars: 1300 - 200 good, 50 great, 800 mediocre, 250 stink

If Alex Smith can be the 120th QB and become one of the top 3-10 picks in the country and Alex Rodgers was barely recruited, let's have that happen in the game.

There should be more 2 and 3 stars who become rated highly. That rarely ever happens in this game. I'll find a 2- or 3-star with:
Awareness - A-
Arm strength - A
Accuracy - A-
I get him and he's a 70.

Which brings me to the ratings - less ratings in the 90's. 3 years into my dynasty and there are so many 99's it's sick. Top recruits should be in the 60's, most recruits < 50. Something like this:

20-29 bad backup
30-49 backup
50-59 starter
60-69 good starter
70-79 all-conference candidate
80-89 all-american candidate
90-99 1st - 2nd round draft pick

So most players would be in the 30 - 70 range.

Tons of options, lots of cool things they could do to spruce this up. Recruiting could be the funnest part of it ... it certainly should be for me, but it isn't.

Last edited by radoslaw77; 04-18-2005 at 12:15 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »