Home

NCAA Football 2006 Key Features, Screenshots and Movie Clip (Xbox)

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 2006 Key Features, Screenshots and Movie Clip (Xbox) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-22-2005, 05:18 PM   #41
Banned

OVR: 14
Re: NCAA Football 2006 Key Features, Screenshots and Movie Clip (Xbox)

Quote:
Originally Posted by herbsinator
That's what I'm planning on doing...No blind EA love or blind EA hate from me. Just wait until actual gamers get to sit down and play the game. I'm not going to have any expectations good or bad...I may be excited for a certain feature or two, but I won't expect it to be great or bad...I'll just have to see.

That seem's like the rational thing to do, but then again...being rational "isn't the cool thing to do" in the NCAA football fourm.

BTW, Glucklich, your blind EA bashing needs to stop. It seems like you bash EA at every opportunity.
Look you, we likely want the same thing. Im not optimistic based on what theyve said. Theyve added things to improve offense for the user but we dont know what is offsetting this to maintain the realism...is it CPU AI or is it stuff like speed cheats, unreal pursuit angles, etc? In any case, Im not EA bashing since I will be the first to tell you I was really fond of Madden 2005s gameplay and in fact thats what I want NCAA to be like...but based on what theyve said, it doesnt look like its leaning that way. So youre way out of line lecturing me on EA bashing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-22-2005, 05:19 PM   #42
MVP

hogfan's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobolini
Am I the only one who thinks the graphics are only marginally better? I didn't see eye popping changes. I do use a HDTV and Component cables (RGB), maybe that's why these don't look much better? This wouldn't be a reason not to get 06 but I came away unimpressed.

The graphical updates each year have always been marginal. I'm amazed at how many people think that an updated version's graphics have made a huge leap. Sure, there are some better textures and lighting, but the game is never going to get a graphical overhaul until the next generation.
Old 04-22-2005, 05:20 PM   #43
Banned

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogfan
The graphical updates each year have always been marginal. I'm amazed at how many people think that an updated version's graphics have made a huge leap. Sure, there are some better textures and lighting, but the game is never going to get a graphical overhaul until the next generation.
Hey, look out or else Herbsi.... will scold you.
Old 04-22-2005, 07:07 PM   #44
Banned

OVR: 11

[quote=glucklich]In that case you wont really know until someone like Steve has it and can answer specific questions since people are often limitied on what they can do at E3.QUOTE]

Even then you never know. I believe i remember reading that steve didnt find any slowdown in the game, and we all know what happened when we played it.
Old 04-22-2005, 09:34 PM   #45
All Star

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by glucklich
Hey, look out or else Herbsi.... will scold you.
Haha, very funny...
Look, all you do is moan about all these problems in every single post you make....

Quote:
True, but Im wondering if this means there is still a speed cheat, insane pursuit angles, CPU ESP, etc as well for which they allow you to counter this with back jukes and so on. In other words, im concerned its cosmetic.
Quote:
Im picking two. I think its cosmetic to offset unresolved issues such as speed cheats.
Quote:
This is garbage. Im sorry. I thought theyd bounce back but this gay new stufff theyve added makes any improvement hard to stomach. Imagine where it was in 2004 relative to where it is now. This series has officially jumped the shark. Why not just come up with some excuse to put some Crazy Taxi spinoff in there. And the fact that EA started off with this with so many pissed off from last year, is a very dumb move. Now they have even more to prove. Way to go EA
Quote:
But lets say you were bashing EA, how can you really say its not justifiable. I still play NCAA 2005 even though I have to deactivate the fatigue and Im a big fan of Madden 2005 actually but this feature is so off the mark when you consider the average age of its NCAA customer. Bashing them in this case is justifiable.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2005, 08:49 PM   #46
MVP

bvb24's Arena

OVR: 12

i just hope gameplay and ai is better. i could care less about the heisman race junk. i wish they would just focus on the game of football and not some new game modes i will probably play once. i just love college football, so i'm sure i'll buy it opening day even if everyone says the game sucks.
Old 04-24-2005, 09:43 PM   #47
Rookie

mdurd2817's Arena

OVR: 5

I think it would help the graphics if we had more options(size and muscle in previous years) to edit a players body like in Madden.
Old 04-24-2005, 09:55 PM   #48
Where have I been?

Lintyfresh85's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by herbsinator
Haha, very funny...
Look, all you do is moan about all these problems in every single post you make....

Good factual info to back up what you were saying

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »