Home

Are they kidding about this feature?

This is a discussion on Are they kidding about this feature? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-27-2005, 08:06 AM   #41
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Are they kidding about this feature?

Exactly, quit judging a game that doesn't come out for 3 months.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-27-2005, 09:49 PM   #42
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

I am not calling the game garbage, nor making any judgements at this time. But I do find it a bit discouraging that development time is going into these features that don't interest me at all.
Old 04-27-2005, 10:27 PM   #43
All Star

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardot
I am not calling the game garbage, nor making any judgements at this time. But I do find it a bit discouraging that development time is going into these features that don't interest me at all.
But seriously, why are you even complaining? You say wasted development time? What else should they spend it on?

Problems from last year:

1. XBOX slowdown (FIXED)
2. Poor ball physics (FIXED)
3. No CPU offense (We dont know yet)
4. Overdone HFA (FIXED)

Those are the things that everyone complained about and they looked like they have been fixed. You want them to sit around and twiddle their thumbs for a couple months?
Old 04-27-2005, 10:58 PM   #44
umd
MVP

umd's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSU9399
But seriously, why are you even complaining? You say wasted development time? What else should they spend it on?

Problems from last year:

1. XBOX slowdown (FIXED)
2. Poor ball physics (FIXED)
3. No CPU offense (We dont know yet)
4. Overdone HFA (FIXED)

Those are the things that everyone complained about and they looked like they have been fixed. You want them to sit around and twiddle their thumbs for a couple months?
to his credit we wont know if theyre really fixed for weeks. just because one madden site guy played the game for an hour doesnt mean its 100% fixed. we should reserve judgement on gameplay until no EA pawns *cough cough* madden sites* actually get their hands on the game ---> Steves and OSes unbiased opinion anyone?
Old 04-27-2005, 11:02 PM   #45
MVP

Kodiak33's Arena

OVR: 8

Who cares if they are fixed, they should do more than fix the problems that were CREATED last year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-27-2005, 11:44 PM   #46
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by umd
to his credit we wont know if theyre really fixed for weeks. just because one madden site guy played the game for an hour doesnt mean its 100% fixed. we should reserve judgement on gameplay until no EA pawns *cough cough* madden sites* actually get their hands on the game ---> Steves and OSes unbiased opinion anyone?
good point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodiak33
Who cares if they are fixed, they should do more than fix the problems that were CREATED last year.
Deeper dynasty, Rivals.com liscense, in-season recruiting, more animations, new gameplay controls, spring drills, and so on and so on.
Old 04-28-2005, 12:23 AM   #47
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSU9399
I wouldn't say I am complaining. Just a little underwhelmed for a series that I was very excited about 2 years ago.

Since you asked...... I would like to see them address the issues discussed most on these boards (CPU Play Calling, dropped passes on short routes, etc.) And rather than creating hokie new stuff, I would like to see them focus on what they do well, and do it even better. I like the atmosphere and fight songs. But it would be even better if they added little things like having the bands play more than just fight songs (perhaps cover songs during time-outs). The Details of the BCS and Bowls are great, but big games like the Rose Bowl could still feel and look more like the real Rose Bowl. I understand that this stuff would be a little tougher to advertise and sell to the masses like Dorm mode, but it would sell me.
Old 04-28-2005, 12:33 AM   #48
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardot
I wouldn't say I am complaining. Just a little underwhelmed for a series that I was very excited about 2 years ago.

Since you asked...... I would like to see them address the issues discussed most on these boards (CPU Play Calling, dropped passes on short routes, etc.) And rather than creating hokie new stuff, I would like to see them focus on what they do well, and do it even better. I like the atmosphere and fight songs. But it would be even better if they added little things like having the bands play more than just fight songs (perhaps cover songs during time-outs). The Details of the BCS and Bowls are great, but big games like the Rose Bowl could still feel and look more like the real Rose Bowl. I understand that this stuff would be a little tougher to advertise and sell to the masses like Dorm mode, but it would sell me.
Ok. I agree 100% with that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »