Home

Playbook Question

This is a discussion on Playbook Question within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-11-2005, 04:13 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Playbook Question

I keep reading about people complaining about the generic playbooks in 2005 - the last game I bought was 2004 which seemed to have team specific playbooks. Did they change that in 2005 and give all the teams the same playbook? Also, does anyone know if their are team specific playbooks for 2006?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-11-2005, 05:27 PM   #2
Th* C*mm*shn*k*v

cliburn's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: Playbook Question

There are still team specific playbooks, but no variations of formations. In 2004, there was an Ace Normal with option in it and one without it. In 2005, every formation has option, so USC ends up running option. It's not as team specific as it used to be.
Old 05-11-2005, 06:12 PM   #3
B**m*r S**n*r!

BigDofBA's Arena

OVR: 23

Thats one of my biggest problems with the game. I hate the playbooks. They seem way too generic. Every team has the same defensive playbooks as well. They also need to fix some of the animations as. I hate the "mario running", when you run into the back of your line and run in place.
NFL - Dallas Cowboys
NBA - Oklahoma City Thunder
Old 05-11-2005, 06:14 PM   #4
Th* C*mm*shn*k*v

cliburn's Arena

OVR: 15

I would love defensive playbooks. I also hate when a team uses dime half the game. If it were up to me, nickel and dime would not even be formations. With the package system in now, you could just substitute defensive backs in for linebackers and run the same plays. Nickel and Dime aren't schemes; they're simply substitution packages.
Old 05-11-2005, 07:02 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

yeah 2004's playbooks were far better than 2005's. heck 95% of the 2005 playbooks don't even have an off tackle run except for in goal line.

as for ppl running dime all game, if they'd implement fatigue better then those smaller db's wouldn't be able to handle it over the course of time and by 2nd would be giving up everything both in ground and the air. however right now the db's just play coverage, tackle everybody and barely show any signs of fatigue so ppl can just use dime all game. it def. needs fixed!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-11-2005, 07:36 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

Thanks.

I'm glad I didn't buy 2005. Hopefully 2006 will be better. I don't think I can go 2 years w/out a new game.
Old 05-12-2005, 02:15 PM   #7
B**m*r S**n*r!

BigDofBA's Arena

OVR: 23

I think they should add a few more power formations instead of just goalline. People always run the fb dive out of goalline on 3 and 1 or 4th and inches. The money plays bug me as well. I wish the playbooks were as complex as ESPN 2k5. I actually felt like I could set up the pass with my run. In NCAA it doesn't feel like you set your plays up. It just feels like you call plays randomly and goto the money plays when you really need a first down.
NFL - Dallas Cowboys
NBA - Oklahoma City Thunder

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »