Home

What seems to be going on here is a progressive lessening of expectations

This is a discussion on What seems to be going on here is a progressive lessening of expectations within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 05-18-2005, 08:10 PM   #1
Rookie

m7406's Arena

OVR: 4
What seems to be going on here is a progressive lessening of expectations

... from us the consumer because we have a hard time admitting to ourselves the reality that the NCAA series while great (its pinnacle was 2004 version)- it is stagnating badly. Instead of us uniformly expressing our dissapointment we say we will be pleased if in an entire year of development they fix obviously glaring deficiencies in the game like slowdown and dropped passes.

I am 30 years old and a resident doctor in training. My point being my time is precious and I used to salivate to play this series-starting with the 2005 version however I must have spent less than 20 hours on both the PS2 and X boxy versions combined. It needs a major mechanics overhaul in terms of player interactions, running game, tackling physics, etc. NFL 2k5 while not perfect was an amazing game and should be the general mechanincal model NCCAA and madden should be based on
Old 05-18-2005, 09:21 PM   #2
DickDalewood

OVR:
Re: What seems to be going on here is a progressive lessening of expectations

Same post, two different threads. We got the point...

Haha, just giving you crap

By the way, I disagree. I think the problem is, the consumer's expectations have just rissen, and they are starting to pick apart everything about every game. To me, it's definetely just time for the next gen. People just aren't happy with the current generation anymore...

Last edited by cliburn; 05-18-2005 at 09:33 PM. Reason: Inserting asterisks, special characters, et al in order to skirt the censor system is against the TOS.

Old 05-18-2005, 09:31 PM   #3
C*rr*ntly *n L*f* T*lt

USF11's Arena

OVR: 19

2004 was unplayable after a month. Why do people go back to that game as the best in the series. I don't get it. 4-4 Blitzing worked way to well and all you had to do was throw a WR screen to a guy with 90's speed and it was a touchdown. Did people actually play 2004? Since Online gaming has come out the flaws and bugs of sports games have become more and more prevalent much sooner in the games lives. Which is why the Madden Franchise is so awful right now? We know every bug and glitch in the game.
Old 05-18-2005, 09:53 PM   #4
B**m*r S**n*r!

BigDofBA's Arena

OVR: 23

IMO 2004 was the best in the series because 2004 was a huge step up from 2003. Probably the biggest leap of improvement in the series. 2005 was a step down from 2004. They need to get rid of gimicky crap like homefield advantage and work on the gameplay.
NFL - Dallas Cowboys
NBA - Oklahoma City Thunder
Old 05-18-2005, 10:15 PM   #5
Bl*bfl*th z*p!

fossen's Arena

OVR: 28

Good post.

But it doesn't need to be posted more than once.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »