Home

Some good ratings info off Grassy....

This is a discussion on Some good ratings info off Grassy.... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-22-2005, 01:27 PM   #65
MVP

davin's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Some good ratings info off Grassy....

If Whitner is a CB in that game, who is at SS? I don't think it would be Everret, because he spent most of his time playing for Nate Salley (who might oddly be a 90 something overall, despite being injured most of the year). Also, Tyler Everret spent time as a nickle corner so I wouldn't be surprised seeing him in as a CB but seeing Whitner there is kind of amazing, maybe he changed his number for some reason. I don't know where they are getting their scouting done for OSU on some of these things, because it is a known fact that Schlegel is not faster than Carpenter, and that Whitner is at SS.

I would think that they would have Jamario at CB, because I don't think we have much depth there. We have Youboty and the Underwood brothers, but that's all that I know of off the top of my head. So to me it would make sense that they would move Everett to CB and Jamario at CB thus giving us 5 CBs.

Bobby Carpenter cannot be an impact player, because I thought Holmes and Hawk were too. If Ginn isn't an impact player that would be a horrible mistake seeing as he is one of the premier players in the league with the ball in his hands. I don't think he is a 90 overall WR, but maybe when you factor in the ratings for his speed, accelleration, and agility along with decent hands it adds up to that, because speed, accelleration and agility are something that you cannot knock him on because he is one of the best in the game.

I think Troy Smith should be a 89 overall QB with about 83 speed.
Zwick should be an 82 overall that can block a big DT (like OKST's) j/k
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-22-2005, 01:29 PM   #66
Rookie

randyf's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acid
I can't help myself but laugh at that.
I hoped that would bring a smile to some peoples face...but on a serious note I doubt that Zbikowski is one of the top safeties because ND secondary was horrible and I am will bet money that WR#15 is Martin Nance and not Steve Breaston
Old 05-22-2005, 02:01 PM   #67
Pro

rdawsoniii's Arena

OVR: 5

I'm not surprised Allen isn't an impact player. Obviously the LB's are and Tate must be the one on offense. But even without the limitations, I would call Johnson an impact player before Allen. I'm not bashing Allen by any means, both our CB's are solid, but Johnson is more the type of player to fit the impact designation.
Old 05-22-2005, 02:01 PM   #68
MVP

RahKhem's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Programmed2Kill
Now if only they could beat Miami...

Hey, I would've thought Rocky McIntosh would be up there in the OLBs. Oh well.
Well look at it this way, even with all these good players on the FSU defense, in the game Miami still has a higher rated defense, so WW is probably a monster, and their secondary is probably solid all the way around as well.
Old 05-22-2005, 02:33 PM   #69
Th* C*mm*shn*k*v

cliburn's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivek
holly crap, #9 WR was Travis Wilson!

Btw, FSU is gonna be STACKED!!!! EA givin' em some groupie love!!!
Add to the list:
David Castillo- FSU (93 overall)
Pat Watkins- FSU (92 overall)
I don't believe that #9 is Travis Wilson. Wilson for three years has been #4 and I haven't heard anything about him switching numbers. I could be wrong though.
Old 05-22-2005, 02:47 PM   #70
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

No Baylor Bears?=/
Old 05-22-2005, 02:56 PM   #71
Th* C*mm*shn*k*v

cliburn's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by DookieMowf
No Baylor Bears?=/
Surprised?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-22-2005, 05:45 PM   #72
Banned

OHguy00's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by davin
If Whitner is a CB in that game, who is at SS? I don't think it would be Everret, because he spent most of his time playing for Nate Salley (who might oddly be a 90 something overall, despite being injured most of the year). Also, Tyler Everret spent time as a nickle corner so I wouldn't be surprised seeing him in as a CB but seeing Whitner there is kind of amazing, maybe he changed his number for some reason. I don't know where they are getting their scouting done for OSU on some of these things, because it is a known fact that Schlegel is not faster than Carpenter, and that Whitner is at SS.

I would think that they would have Jamario at CB, because I don't think we have much depth there. We have Youboty and the Underwood brothers, but that's all that I know of off the top of my head. So to me it would make sense that they would move Everett to CB and Jamario at CB thus giving us 5 CBs.

Bobby Carpenter cannot be an impact player, because I thought Holmes and Hawk were too. If Ginn isn't an impact player that would be a horrible mistake seeing as he is one of the premier players in the league with the ball in his hands. I don't think he is a 90 overall WR, but maybe when you factor in the ratings for his speed, accelleration, and agility along with decent hands it adds up to that, because speed, accelleration and agility are something that you cannot knock him on because he is one of the best in the game.

I think Troy Smith should be a 89 overall QB with about 83 speed.
Zwick should be an 82 overall that can block a big DT (like OKST's) j/k
I remember reading that Everett is moving to CB this year, so Whitner should still be at safety.

Jamario is probably going to play FS here. I was just asking Bill because he's played the game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »