Home

New PotD: Longhorns vs. Hawkeyes...

This is a discussion on New PotD: Longhorns vs. Hawkeyes... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-09-2005, 12:35 PM   #57
MVP

noplace's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: New PotD: Longhorns vs. Hawkeyes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superstar
btw to clarify... EA did buy the NCAA rights so that's out the window for Take Two as well... Also the NFL was shopping the rights around EA had more money if Take Two had more they would have bought it but they didn't so get over it.
I never brought up the deal, and I've been passed that. The other dude brought up ESPN, I was just voicing my opinion the the video clips I saw & dude got bent out of shape. Those that think this game is perfect do ya thing. But dont attack those that have issues when their spending 50 plus bones on a game.
Old 06-10-2005, 08:38 PM   #58
Pro

rdawsoniii's Arena

OVR: 5

Sorry, bud. I'm in the Iowa band. We go to Iowa State whenever we play in Ames as well as one Big Ten away game each year (except this year, because we are getting new uniforms). While it is possible that if Iowa and Texas had a game scheduled, they might send us there instead of to the Big Ten game, that is extremely remote. To say that it would be a given "especially if both were rated in the top ten" is inaccurate, considering these trips are scheduled so far in advance that the rankings would be months away. I'm not saying it's impossible for the HMB to go to a special game, as we did travel to Kansas City for the Kickoff Classic against Kansas State in 2000, but it is very unlikely. And it's not because of lack of support, we have one of the most supportive and cooperative athletic departments in the country, but they wouldn't foot the bill to send us out anytime we play a top ten team.

But, for now, let's say it would be a big enough game that the Iowa band would go. The main point of my statement was that in NCAA football, both bands are at EVERY game. I don't mind the rivalries, bowl games, and special occasions, but it shouldn't be for every game, especially since they had it right not that long ago.
Old 06-12-2005, 08:28 AM   #59
Rookie

OVR: 2

Is there any way to merge all these videos so I can watch the entire thing without clicking on every little movie file?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »