Home

Gamestop

This is a discussion on Gamestop within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-13-2005, 05:16 PM   #65
Banned

OVR: 11
Re: Gamestop

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagger55
btw...a louisville/maryland bowl matchup in the OS league is looking very intriguing.....

hhahahahaahaha, hopefully well meet in the bowl game. Well be arguing about the potential release date of a game that we already have while trying to take home the trohpy
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2005, 05:21 PM   #66
Bills Mafia!!

racerx's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagger55
i think the difference is most of those other stores (buy.com, wal mart) simply arent aware of the hard date like gamestop is, since they deal with video games everyday. those other stores may be getting the game on 28th, and assuming they can sell it then, when in reality whoever posted that date simply doesnt have the correct information from EA, because EA has never done anything like this, so they just assume they sell it when they get it.

i hope i get it on the 28th, but im not counting down the days until then...my countdown is still set for july 12th
Unless they will ship them with a street date label on the box, like they do with movies.

Racerxx
Old 06-13-2005, 06:50 PM   #67
Rookie

OVR: 2

I don't know why this is a debate. You have managers like Kodiak and myself, who are telling you what we know. We probably shouldn't be telling you about the 6/28 shipping date. Because it opens up a bigger can of worms and that EA probaly didn't want. But it was leaked out, so we have to defend it. You should be thanking Kodiak for giving you guys inside info, and setting the record straight. And the truth of the matter is that no one can give us the go ahead to release it early but EA themselves. This practice is not as uncommon as you guys think. You just don't care about it when it's a game that you don't play. Besides the fact that I have to work in a store that has my most anticipated game for a week and a half , I actually don't have a problem with the street date. it's coming out at around the same time.
I don't know if this is a good example, but I'll see. It's like Star Wars ROTS. Everybody knew that the release date is on the 19th. The movie wasn't done on the 18th. It was done months ago before that. Look at all of the hype and opening release parties that the movie places did. That is what EA has in mind and that's how I look at it. I don't look at it like "why don't they just give it to us right when it's done." I look at it as "OK, 30 days and counting".
Old 06-13-2005, 07:01 PM   #68
Banned

Kentucky3D's Arena

OVR: 6

gamestop in Lexington Kentucky is going to start selling it July 5th...
Old 06-13-2005, 07:52 PM   #69
T*mpl* *wls

ballerzinc's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutzzz414
I don't know why this is a debate. You have managers like Kodiak and myself, who are telling you what we know. We probably shouldn't be telling you about the 6/28 shipping date. Because it opens up a bigger can of worms and that EA probaly didn't want. But it was leaked out, so we have to defend it. You should be thanking Kodiak for giving you guys inside info, and setting the record straight. And the truth of the matter is that no one can give us the go ahead to release it early but EA themselves. This practice is not as uncommon as you guys think. You just don't care about it when it's a game that you don't play. Besides the fact that I have to work in a store that has my most anticipated game for a week and a half , I actually don't have a problem with the street date. it's coming out at around the same time.
I don't know if this is a good example, but I'll see. It's like Star Wars ROTS. Everybody knew that the release date is on the 19th. The movie wasn't done on the 18th. It was done months ago before that. Look at all of the hype and opening release parties that the movie places did. That is what EA has in mind and that's how I look at it. I don't look at it like "why don't they just give it to us right when it's done." I look at it as "OK, 30 days and counting".
I'm happy I didn't preorder now and hopefully can get lucky and get it before the 12th. I got to think a place like Wal-Mart would be likely to break it especially around 1 a.m. when the people working there aren't the employees that usually work at the game counter.

Old 06-13-2005, 08:05 PM   #70
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kentucky3D
gamestop in Lexington Kentucky is going to start selling it July 5th...
Really? !? Nice! The Hamburg one? I've had good luck there before. They'll drive to the airport to pick games up early, etc...

I may have to pre-order tomorrow. At least the 5th is a holiday, it sure would be nice if it were out before that weekend though. My fingers are still crossed, who knows.
Old 06-13-2005, 08:12 PM   #71
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballerzinc
I'm happy I didn't preorder now and hopefully can get lucky and get it before the 12th. I got to think a place like Wal-Mart would be likely to break it especially around 1 a.m. when the people working there aren't the employees that usually work at the game counter.
What does having it preordered have to do with it though? You can get your 5 bucks back, or at least credit.

If im preordered at EB and a store gets it before them, ill go there and get it there
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2005, 08:16 PM   #72
T*mpl* *wls

ballerzinc's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by DookieMowf
What does having it preordered have to do with it though? You can get your 5 bucks back, or at least credit.

If im preordered at EB and a store gets it before them, ill go there and get it there
Yea I guess your right I did that last year it just seemed like it was a hastle because the EB I prordered at was farther away than my usual one.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »