Home

Purdue vs Notre Dame up on IGN

This is a discussion on Purdue vs Notre Dame up on IGN within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-13-2005, 11:23 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Purdue vs Notre Dame up on IGN

Vids look great, as does the gameplay.

Two nitpicks, though: (1) ND never plays night games at home; and (2) It was cold enough that you could see the players breath, yet fat Charlie was wearing a short-sleeve polo on the sidelines.

Game looks AWESOME...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2005, 11:35 PM   #26
Banned

OVR: 21

The line interaction still looks terrible. Check out the last video when they show the highlights of the touchdown. One of the defensive linemen gets engaged by an offensive lineman, stands there in the blocking animation for a second or two, and then just basically falls straight down on his face. He literally blocked himself into the ground. Meanwhile, the other 2 rushing defensive linemen spend 3 or 4 seconds engaged in the blocking animation with the offensive linemen, before throwing up their arms and finally moving off the block. I hope they do something about this for the next generation.
Old 06-14-2005, 12:52 AM   #27
Banned

OHguy00's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianBrockmeyer
Two nitpicks, though: (1) ND never plays night games at home
That's not true at all. In fact, I went to a night game at home against Pitt last year.

The game looks great so far. I'm really looking forward to it now, moreso than I was a couple weeks ago. Nice to see the CPU actually completing short passes.
Old 06-14-2005, 01:03 AM   #28
Rookie

braveseddie's Arena

OVR: 3

Every now and then the games go late and it will go to night time. I just wish the guy playing was Purdue so my Irish didn't get tossed. Oh well, the game looks great, and I cant wait to be in the zone w/ my boy D-Walk....I mean HB #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHguy00
That's not true at all. In fact, I went to a night game at home against Pitt last year.

The game looks great so far. I'm really looking forward to it now, moreso than I was a couple weeks ago. Nice to see the CPU actually completing short passes.
Old 06-14-2005, 07:17 AM   #29
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sully
Jistic better get to work on those Heisman sliders. Don't even waste your time with AA.
You may be right about that. Heisman looks GREAT. This reminds me of 2004, when Heisman was my preferred level. I mean of course we'll check out AA, maybe even with some tweaks and see how it plays. BUt it's great to know that if it won't work we have what looks like a SOLID Heisman to work with.

I'm pre-ordering today.

Old 06-14-2005, 08:26 AM   #30
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

It'd sure be nice for the human to try throwing some curls or hitches instead of all streaks. I'd like to know if those are now workable to throw or a given INT like they are in 2005.
Old 06-14-2005, 08:35 AM   #31
Rookie

Jokerace's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by shugknight
Maybe its me, but im really starting to get worried with all these long deep passes that are being caught even though they're covered by 2 guys.
It's noit just you. I am also worried about all the deep balls and 30 yd APC like in '05.

Although you do see the CPU dumping off passes to the HB, And they are CAUGHT! Yeah! So maybe it won't be as big a problem after all.

I am crossing my fingers now though that the same deep ball BS from '05 is not really in '06 as it seems from some of the videos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
It'd sure be nice for the human to try throwing some curls or hitches instead of all streaks. I'd like to know if those are now workable to throw or a given INT like they are in 2005.
/agree with this also. IGN really needs to get someone to play for the vids that knows there is more to passing than just streaks.

Last edited by Jokerace; 06-14-2005 at 08:41 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-14-2005, 08:48 AM   #32
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jistic
You may be right about that. Heisman looks GREAT. This reminds me of 2004, when Heisman was my preferred level. I mean of course we'll check out AA, maybe even with some tweaks and see how it plays. BUt it's great to know that if it won't work we have what looks like a SOLID Heisman to work with.

I'm pre-ordering today.
The game looks great. This is Heisman? This might make me want to start with Heisman. I'll be messing around with AA and Heisman this year. It was great to see that the computer could complete short passes instead of all of those long bombs we saw on varsity. The running game was awesome. So many great blocks and jukes by the running back. If this is default heisman, then it's looking very good right now. It's great that this game is back to the way it should be. Can't wait for July 12th any longer.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »