Home

Impact player names during pre-game show?

This is a discussion on Impact player names during pre-game show? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-14-2005, 03:20 AM   #1
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40
Impact player names during pre-game show?

I'm curious since they added a little pre-game show with Corso and company are they going to actually say the IMPACT players name when talking about the teams?

I'm tired of the generic "This QB" or "This HB" is going to have a huge day.

It's time EA takes this game to another level for presentation and them pronouce our edited players name during pre-game hype. How many of you would get hype after hearing Corso say "R.Bush should have a major impact or this game" or "V.Young is one of the nations most dangerous qb's"?

Come on EA that in itself sends presentation up sky high.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-14-2005, 03:21 AM   #2
H*ll *f F*m*

OVR: 28
Re: Impact player names during pre-game show?

Meh, doesn't really bother me but I'm sure the NCAA has a thing or two to say about that stuff.
Old 06-14-2005, 05:20 AM   #3
Hall Of Fame

Chaos81's Arena

OVR: 38

You do realize that it's not EA fault they can't have the names in NCAA games don't you? So no, I would say they won't say the names. Maybe if you put them in the game, who knows.
Old 06-14-2005, 08:30 AM   #4
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

But if they can say their names during gameplay like "Pass caught in the flat by Bush" why can't they say their names during the pregame? I mean once you input the names and they say them during regular gameplay it's obvious the game has the capability.
Old 06-14-2005, 09:21 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
I'm curious since they added a little pre-game show with Corso and company are they going to actually say the IMPACT players name when talking about the teams?

I'm tired of the generic "This QB" or "This HB" is going to have a huge day.

It's time EA takes this game to another level for presentation and them pronouce our edited players name during pre-game hype. How many of you would get hype after hearing Corso say "R.Bush should have a major impact or this game" or "V.Young is one of the nations most dangerous qb's"?

Come on EA that in itself sends presentation up sky high.
Well first of all, it wouldnt be Corso that says "Bush will have a huge game" or whatever. In the past 3 versions that Ive played (03-05), Ive noticed that Brad Nessler is the only announcer outside of the PA guy to actually say the players names, even when the players are fake and go by names instead of real players who go by numbers, Corso and Herbstreit always refer to a certain player as "this guy" or "this kid", probably because it saves a lot of time when recording commentary.

Second, I just dont see that happening. Most of the time in Madden, in pre game, certain players will be referred to as "that guy" or whatever, so I dont see them doing it for NCAA, especially when names arent even supposed to be in the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »