Home

Truth about Release Date!!!

This is a discussion on Truth about Release Date!!! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 06-15-2005, 06:18 PM   #1
Rookie

CrizzleDizzle13's Arena

OVR: 2
Truth about Release Date!!!

So today I called to find out the truth about this early release date set for june 28th, instead of the street date of july 12th. I talked to the managers of 3 different gamestops and each one said, yes they will have the game the 28th, but they will not sell them until july 12th. They said companies are doing this for all big games now, just so there are no problems with release dates. So yes they will have it on the 28th, but are subject to a large fine if they sell it before the 12th. So if they are willing to accept the fine then you can get your game, but if they dont then you have to wait for the 12th.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2005, 06:30 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 16
Re: Truth about Release Date!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrizzleDizzle13
So today I called to find out the truth about this early release date set for june 28th, instead of the street date of july 12th. I talked to the managers of 3 different gamestops and each one said, yes they will have the game the 28th, but they will not sell them until july 12th. They said companies are doing this for all big games now, just so there are no problems with release dates. So yes they will have it on the 28th, but are subject to a large fine if they sell it before the 12th. So if they are willing to accept the fine then you can get your game, but if they dont then you have to wait for the 12th.
whats the point in not selling the game on the 28th if its in stores?

|Washington Redskins| |Alabama Crimson Tide| |Boston Redsox| |Georgetown Hoyas|

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedy
My September 15th glitch is still broken even after downloading the latest patch... I won't be purchasing another one of your titles again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by meep316
You moron they didn't even put out a patch yet.
LMAO
Old 06-15-2005, 06:49 PM   #3
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spin
whats the point in not selling the game on the 28th if its in stores?
Because the release date is July 12th.

This is a common practice. The "point" is that the stores are subject to a huge fine if they release a game before it's release date. Like video stores, for instance. Video stores receive movies 1-2 weeks in advance, but cannot put them out on the shelves until the posted street date. This is done so stores have time to get the movies entered into their system, get them packaged for rental, print bar codes, etc. Do you think that gaming stores open up the box from UPS and immediately begin selling them out of the box? NO. They have to inventory them, put price tags and bar codes on them, etc. It is not uncommon for stores to get their inventory well in advance. But it is ILLEGAL for them to sell them early.
Old 06-15-2005, 06:55 PM   #4
Rookie

guy_incognito's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxChamp

This is a common practice. The "point" is that the stores are subject to a huge fine if they release a game before it's release date. Like video stores, for instance. Video stores receive movies 1-2 weeks in advance, but cannot put them out on the shelves until the posted street date. This is done so stores have time to get the movies entered into their system, get them packaged for rental, print bar codes, etc. Do you think that gaming stores open up the box from UPS and immediately begin selling them out of the box? NO. They have to inventory them, put price tags and bar codes on them, etc. It is not uncommon for stores to get their inventory well in advance. But it is ILLEGAL for them to sell them early.
ILLEGAL may be going a bit far there. Remember, this is a video game, not drugs or whores. Though sometimes it seems like that is what ya'll are talking about here.
Old 06-15-2005, 06:55 PM   #5
MVP

OSUG1's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxChamp

That is exacty correct. I work at Blockbuster and we get movies in on Tuesdays, and most of the movies don't come out till the next week. This also gives the employees time to watch the movies.
Old 06-15-2005, 07:00 PM   #6
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUG314
That is exacty correct. I work at Blockbuster and we get movies in on Tuesdays, and most of the movies don't come out till the next week. This also gives the employees time to watch the movies.
Yeah, I used to manage a Hollywood Video.
Old 06-15-2005, 07:05 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 8

I need to get a second job at a video store.
WASHINGTONWIZARDS
MICHIGANWOLVERINES
Old 06-15-2005, 07:10 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 10

My main b!tch with this entire thing is that we could all be playing over a THREE DAY holiday weekend!?!? It really sucks that we have to wait for two weeks while the finished product sits gathering dust in a locked room or warehouse!?!? Hopefully at least Blacklover can get his copy early!!!!
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »