Home

Old 06-21-2005, 09:05 PM   #9
H*ll *f F*m*

OVR: 28
Re: ACC

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixthgradetyrant
KANSAS...?!

Dude said a team with "potential." Kansas is the Indiana of the Big XII.

Now Kansas STATE on the other hand...
Um...Kansas could have the BEST...I repeat..BEST...lemme say it again since you're in denial...BEST defense in the Big 12. They have a lot of potential...Charles Gordan is a human highlight reel and is the best kept secret in the nation.
Old 06-21-2005, 10:06 PM   #10
Itsy Bitsy Spider

kodiak's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivek
Um...Kansas could have the BEST...I repeat..BEST...lemme say it again since you're in denial...BEST defense in the Big 12. They have a lot of potential...Charles Gordan is a human highlight reel and is the best kept secret in the nation.
Kansas or Iowa State from the Big XII North*
Anyone but OU and Texas for the Big XII South

Anyone but Miami, VT, UVA, FSU, or GT in the ACC

S. Carolina for the SEC(You could basically throw in any team from the SEC west minus LSU and Auburn)

If a conf with a champ game is something you want, maybe the MAC with Bowling Green could also be a nice one to work with.

*K-State would not be a bad choice either since they have lost some of the luster since they have experienced heavy coaching changes. They lost the Stoops brothers, Mike Mangino(coach at KU), and Phil...well I cant remember his last name right now, but he was the DC a couple years ago.
Old 06-21-2005, 11:51 PM   #11
Timbers - Jags - Hokies

The GIGGAS's Arena

OVR: 55

Yes! I can take the Hokies to Jacksonville to win the ACC again!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2005, 12:22 AM   #12
OS Brew Connoisseur

Motown's Arena

OVR: 41

I think your Avi kicks @ss Nivek!!
Old 06-22-2005, 01:22 AM   #13
Banned

sixthgradetyrant's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Let's be realistic. Gordon's a flat-out stud--absolutely. KU's defense is rock solid--absolutely. Uhhhhh...what else? Do you really think a one-dimensional, third-tier team has a chance in the Big 12?

Athlon and TSN have Kansas ranked 63rd and 65th, respectively. That's below such perennial powers like Rutgers, Toledo, Miami (OH), NIU, UTEP, and everyone's most hated Dynasty team...North Texas.

I'd love to see KU shake up the Big 12, but with a horrible offense and an unproven kicking game, it ain't gonna happen.

As a PROGRAM--which is how I understood the request--KU does NOT have potential. What they have THIS YEAR is a bona fide All American cornerback and a couple of other very un-Kansas-like athletes on defense. I don't think they'll ever even make the jump to long-term respectability a la NU in the Big 10.

Football, as designed, has three teams. Kansas has only one of them. Wish 'em luck...
Old 06-22-2005, 01:35 AM   #14
H*ll *f F*m*

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixthgradetyrant
Let's be realistic. Gordon's a flat-out stud--absolutely. KU's defense is rock solid--absolutely. Uhhhhh...what else? Do you really think a one-dimensional, third-tier team has a chance in the Big 12?

Athlon and TSN have Kansas ranked 63rd and 65th, respectively. That's below such perennial powers like Rutgers, Toledo, Miami (OH), NIU, UTEP, and everyone's most hated Dynasty team...North Texas.

I'd love to see KU shake up the Big 12, but with a horrible offense and an unproven kicking game, it ain't gonna happen.

As a PROGRAM--which is how I understood the request--KU does NOT have potential. What they have THIS YEAR is a bona fide All American cornerback and a couple of other very un-Kansas-like athletes on defense. I don't think they'll ever even make the jump to long-term respectability a la NU in the Big 10.

Football, as designed, has three teams. Kansas has only one of them. Wish 'em luck...
Great analysis...I still think they'll surpise some people. We can talk about this all day and night, but it don't mean jack. IF they flop this year...I'll owe you a cookie.

Good to have you one the boards tho...
Old 06-22-2005, 01:36 AM   #15
H*ll *f F*m*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motown
I think your Avi kicks @ss Nivek!!
I couldn't find any good Xlee pics...might need to signup at warchant.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2005, 02:13 AM   #16
Banned

sixthgradetyrant's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
I couldn't find any good Xlee pics...might need to signup at warchant.

Will he be FSU's starting QB this year, what with Sexton busy being the messiah and all? He's had lots of hype...hope he lives up to it. Weatherford seems so vanilla. FSU could use a little Charlie Ward-like magic in the program.

By the way...I was at THE ND/FSU game. Yep, that one. Jim Flanagan was a STUD. My favorite live game, though, was the last PSU/ND game--the Snow Bowl. End zone seats. Froze my *** off. We all threw snowballs at the NBC prick who kept calling TV timeouts on the sideline. I jumped on Reggie Brooks after he caught the game-winning 2-pt. conversion. At which point an O lineman proceeded to "help" me find my seat again. Ah, memories...

Both FSU and ND have fallen on hard times...my beloved Irish more so than your Noles...but the glory days were good...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »