Home

POTD Tenn and Alabama

This is a discussion on POTD Tenn and Alabama within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-22-2005, 11:57 AM   #41
Please don't go.

cooldude's Arena

OVR: 15
Location: One of The World's Leaders in Crude Oil: Fort McMurray, Alberta, Canada
Re: POTD Tenn and Alabama

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagger55
cant wait for the league, its gonna be great!
Can't wait until I kick your arse in week two
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2005, 12:24 PM   #42
nxt
H**sm*n

nxt's Arena

OVR: 14

I'm a huge NCAA series fan. In fact, this is THE ONE game that I look forward to and MUST have every year. Even with the problems included with '05, I was able to find the right sliders to make the game playable (if not enjoyable) for myself. I know that I'm gonna buy and play the heck out of '06. However, regardless of how much I enjoy and play the game, as a customer of EA, I do not like the empty promises that they make each year (we fixed this or that - i.e. CPU run game) or the hype that they spew (of course it's their job to hype up the game, but at some point they are gonna have to follow up and produce - come on now "revolutionary player models" - give me a break). As small an issue as it is to some, the fact that they do not get the uniforms / stadiums correct for many teams each year is ridiculous. It's not like this is their first year making NCAA. Like I've said before "If it's in the game, GET it in the game EA." Follow your motto. Basically, my point is that EA could do so much more with the game, yet they don't. As much as I applaud them for the good things they've included/fixed, I'm gonna be critical of the other things that weren't included/fixed.
Old 06-22-2005, 01:59 PM   #43
Banned

sixthgradetyrant's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by nxt
I'm a huge NCAA series fan. In fact, this is THE ONE game that I look forward to and MUST have every year. Even with the problems included with '05, I was able to find the right sliders to make the game playable (if not enjoyable) for myself. I know that I'm gonna buy and play the heck out of '06. However, regardless of how much I enjoy and play the game, as a customer of EA, I do not like the empty promises that they make each year (we fixed this or that - i.e. CPU run game) or the hype that they spew (of course it's their job to hype up the game, but at some point they are gonna have to follow up and produce - come on now "revolutionary player models" - give me a break). As small an issue as it is to some, the fact that they do not get the uniforms / stadiums correct for many teams each year is ridiculous. It's not like this is their first year making NCAA. Like I've said before "If it's in the game, GET it in the game EA." Follow your motto. Basically, my point is that EA could do so much more with the game, yet they don't. As much as I applaud them for the good things they've included/fixed, I'm gonna be critical of the other things that weren't included/fixed.

Perfectly said. I get flamed on this site for posting similar comments from the all-I-care-about-is-gameplay people. We pay $50--FIFTY DOLLARS--for what amounts to a yearly update. EA has so much time to fix little things--white facemasks, more uniform options, collision detection on cut scenes, better game introductions, more revolution-style facemasks (a la ESPN), visors that actually FIT the revolution facemasks--yet they don't. In spite of all this, I'm determined to love this game and to play it to death.

The NCAA development team needs to be held accountable for not fixing several little things. The sum of these things detracts from the overall "college atmosphere" EA is so damn prideful of.

I know 2002 would be next to unplayable right now, but has the NCAA team really given us 4 years of improvement?

Don't think so.....
Old 06-22-2005, 02:09 PM   #44
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilcoo3
I know this game is not going to be perfect but some of you guys are being way to critical. The positives by far out weigh the negatives this year.
How can you be too "critical" when you want the game to be better than the previous years edition?
If it suffers from the same faults as last year and has little upgrades then we need to be critical and not blindly oooh and aaaww over the game.
We do't expect the game to be perfect but we also don't expect last years game repackaged.
Old 06-22-2005, 03:09 PM   #45
Rookie

Jokerace's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxChamp
Bare with me while I jump the gun.

But the final two minutes of that game were absolutely ridiculous. The deep pass is still the money play, which is horribly disappointing. The computer seemed to be able to cheese it down field whenever they wanted to, like the deep pass into double coverage right before halftime to get a quick, cheap touchdown.

Obviously I shouldn't get too upset until I actually play the game. BUT, if sliders cannot fix these problems, then this game suffers from the same exact things it did last year (minus the dropped passes), and from watching the latest video, the gameplay seems to have changed very little.
I am very much awaiting for '06 to realease.

With that said though, I too am worried about what we see in the videos.

After the first few videos were released people kept saying "Don't worry the only reason the long ball is happening so much and the long passes are so perfect is because the guy is playing on JV or Varsity." Well now he is playing on Heisman and the same things are still happening.

Well hopefully this year sliders will help more and the perfect bombs every drive won't be as much of a factor as in '05.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
How can you be too "critical" when you want the game to be better than the previous years edition?
If it suffers from the same faults as last year and has little upgrades then we need to be critical and not blindly oooh and aaaww over the game.
We do't expect the game to be perfect but we also don't expect last years game repackaged.
Perfectly stated.

Last edited by Jokerace; 06-22-2005 at 03:18 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2005, 03:26 PM   #46
Banned

sixthgradetyrant's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jokerace
After the first few videos were released people kept saying "Don't worry the only reason the long ball is happening so much and the long passes are so perfect is because the guy is playing on JV or Varsity." Well now he is playing on Heisman and the same things are still happening.

Hey, I'm nothing if not critical of NCAA. But think for a second...This guy is playing man coverage and blitzing on every play, regardless of down and distance, against solid teams. He should get burned. Whether or not HE is completing too many deep passes against the CPU...I haven't really paid attention to that too much. I saw one play where Bama was in zone and for some reason the deep safety didn't break on the ball, and the receiver caught an underthrown bomb uncontested...but that's about it.
Old 06-22-2005, 03:50 PM   #47
Rookie

guy_incognito's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixthgradetyrant
Perfectly said. I get flamed on this site for posting similar comments from the all-I-care-about-is-gameplay people. We pay $50--FIFTY DOLLARS--for what amounts to a yearly update. EA has so much time to fix little things--white facemasks, more uniform options, collision detection on cut scenes, better game introductions, more revolution-style facemasks (a la ESPN), visors that actually FIT the revolution facemasks--yet they don't. In spite of all this, I'm determined to love this game and to play it to death.

The NCAA development team needs to be held accountable for not fixing several little things. The sum of these things detracts from the overall "college atmosphere" EA is so damn prideful of.

I know 2002 would be next to unplayable right now, but has the NCAA team really given us 4 years of improvement?

Don't think so.....
Hey. Go develop/write a college game so that we can all enjoy a perfect game, with all levels of detail adhered to on a granular level. EA is out to make as much money as possible. They don't care about you wanting a perfect game. You just said that you will buy the game. They win. You want a perfect gaming experience? Quit buying the games and EA will get the message. Or call it good enough.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »