Home

Team Prestige

This is a discussion on Team Prestige within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-22-2005, 12:05 PM   #1
Banned

sixthgradetyrant's Arena

OVR: 6
Team Prestige

Post any thoughts on predicted changes in team prestige here.

ND better NOT be 6* again. And I'm an Irish fan. 4* sounds fair.

Utah should be 4* after impressive 2-year run.

Louisville should be 4* after a few impressive years.

Florida should be 4-5* after the Zook era.

PSU should be 4* due to continual ineptitude.

Iowa a possible 5*.

Boise State a possible 4*--Broncos are always ranked.

Thoughts...?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2005, 12:06 PM   #2
Rookie

nstod's Arena

Re: Team Prestige

You think Utah is on the same prestige as ND? Sure, Utah is probably better than ND right now, but Utah can not recruit against ND...
Old 06-22-2005, 12:15 PM   #3
Banned

sixthgradetyrant's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstod
You think Utah is on the same prestige as ND? Sure, Utah is probably better than ND right now, but Utah can not recruit against ND...
Good point. But if we approach this from a video game standpoint rather than a real life one, how could you NOT bump Utah up and knock ND down? Maybe ND should be 5*, but Utah definitely deserves to be 4*.

Perhaps the solution would be to move to a 10* system...? Would allow for greater discrimination among teams.

And make it more difficult to increase prestige. A jump every 2 or 3 years rather than each year...?
Old 06-22-2005, 03:50 PM   #4
Rookie

breathofj's Arena

OVR: 3

I maybe think ND should be a 5 at worst, but the media insures that they're still the most prestigious university in the nation. I mean, most people who don't know a thing about college football know who Notre Dame is.

Even with off years, their prestige is still there. I agree that it probably shouldn't be a 6, but no way Utah should be ahead of them. No way. Utah is great, and had an outstanding year last year, but like nstod said...they're not going to compete with ND recruiting.
Old 06-22-2005, 04:33 PM   #5
H*ll *f F*m*

OVR: 28

pres·tige

The level of respect at which one is regarded by others; standing.

Team Prestige has nothing to do with the last 5 years. ND will always have a 5 or 6 star rating...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2005, 05:11 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 30

I don't think Utah is a 4*. The only midmajor who I think would be 4* is Boise, simply because they've owned the mid majors the last 3 years. If Utah continues their streak then sure, but they most likely won't. Here's how I see the stars;

6*=Starts/finishes in top 10 every year, always in hunt for MNC, wins conferance nearly every year, BCS bowls
5*=Starts/finishes in Top 15, pushes for an MNC every few years, always in conferance title hunt, 2nd tier bowls with occassional BCS
4*=Usually ranked, competes for conferance title, 2nd/3rd tier bowls
3*=Sometimes ranked, competitive, makes bowls from time to time
2*=doormats of BCS conferance/mid tier mid majors, seldom ranked, rarely make bowl
1*=doormats with no chance of improving in near future, homecoming teams that often lose by 50
Old 06-22-2005, 05:16 PM   #7
Please don't go.

cooldude's Arena

OVR: 15
Location: One of The World's Leaders in Crude Oil: Fort McMurray, Alberta, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivek
pres·tige

The level of respect at which one is regarded by others; standing.

Team Prestige has nothing to do with the last 5 years. ND will always have a 5 or 6 star rating...
Well said.
Old 06-22-2005, 05:17 PM   #8
MVP

XboxRocks1991's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Soldier
I don't think Utah is a 4*. The only midmajor who I think would be 4* is Boise, simply because they've owned the mid majors the last 3 years. If Utah continues their streak then sure, but they most likely won't. Here's how I see the stars;

6*=Starts/finishes in top 10 every year, always in hunt for MNC, wins conferance nearly every year, BCS bowls
5*=Starts/finishes in Top 15, pushes for an MNC every few years, always in conferance title hunt, 2nd tier bowls with occassional BCS
4*=Usually ranked, competes for conferance title, 2nd/3rd tier bowls
3*=Sometimes ranked, competitive, makes bowls from time to time
2*=doormats of BCS conferance/mid tier mid majors, seldom ranked, rarely make bowl
1*=doormats with no chance of improving in near future, homecoming teams that often lose by 50
What he said. I would agree with that, if they continue with the 6 star system. But Id rather see a 10 star system. In the game I still think that u could move up/down only 1 star a season. It should be a bit harder to move up.

AIM-NextGenHotShot

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »