Home

Bought my 30" HDTV for NCAA 06 today!

This is a discussion on Bought my 30" HDTV for NCAA 06 today! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-25-2005, 11:09 AM   #17
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: Bought my 30" HDTV for NCAA 06 today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsorDeath
I am pretty sure you have to have one of the newer slim PS2's to have an HD signal, and I think Gran Turismo 4 is the only game that is in HD (1080i).

For xbox, you can do one of 2 things:

-buy the HD Pack, and use any component cables
-buy a set of Monster xbox component cables, and bypass the need for the HD pack altogether.
Is NCAA 2006 going to be in 1080i?
Old 06-25-2005, 08:19 PM   #18
MVP

bvb24's Arena

OVR: 12

hey i see some of you guys work at best buy and other similar stores. i'm looking to buy a new tv shortly and wondered which brands could be trusted.
Old 06-25-2005, 09:54 PM   #19
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bvb24
hey i see some of you guys work at best buy and other similar stores. i'm looking to buy a new tv shortly and wondered which brands could be trusted.
I work at BB.. Good brands.. Panasonic. Sharp. Samsung. Sony.. Philips is underrated along with LG.. Also depends on the technology..

If buying a Tube HDTV get a Sony XBR 955 or 960..Those are the best direct view TVs on the market today.. If your looking to get a LCD HDTV go with a sharp/Samsung.. DLP Samsung/Sony. Plasma Hitachi/Panasonic... The features, screen size, etc depends on the persons personal preference.. Built in NTSC/HD tuners are good along with cable card slots..

When buying a HDTV compare the other models on the floor.. Just make sure the TV's are using the same HD feed.. Play with the settings yourself. & TV's on the show floor have the contrast/brightness jacked up to standout, so the PQ won't look as hot as it should..

Audio set up:
Benchmark DAC1
headphones: Balanced Sony SA5000/Sen 650 AKG 340
Old 06-25-2005, 10:11 PM   #20
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by koolbubbaice
I work at BB.. Good brands.. Panasonic. Sharp. Samsung. Sony.. Philips is underrated along with LG.. Also depends on the technology..

If buying a Tube HDTV get a Sony XBR 955 or 960..Those are the best direct view TVs on the market today.. If your looking to get a LCD HDTV go with a sharp/Samsung.. DLP Samsung/Sony. Plasma Hitachi/Panasonic... The features, screen size, etc depends on the persons personal preference.. Built in NTSC/HD tuners are good along with cable card slots..

When buying a HDTV compare the other models on the floor.. Just make sure the TV's are using the same HD feed.. Play with the settings yourself. & TV's on the show floor have the contrast/brightness jacked up to standout, so the PQ won't look as hot as it should..
hey koolbubbalice what up. No one has answered my question yet so heres hoping you will. Im getting a tv strictly for video games and want the best picture available. My budget is just under a grand and heres the tv im eying-

http://product.samsung.com/cgi-bin/n...LNR238WX%2fXAA

its an lcd, widescreen, has 720p, and is the official tv of the xbox 360. Do you think this is a good purchase, and aboslutely the best possible picture i can get for video games at just under a grand?
Old 06-25-2005, 10:26 PM   #21
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8bit
hey koolbubbalice what up. No one has answered my question yet so heres hoping you will. Im getting a tv strictly for video games and want the best picture available. My budget is just under a grand and heres the tv im eying-

http://product.samsung.com/cgi-bin/n...LNR238WX%2fXAA

its an lcd, widescreen, has 720p, and is the official tv of the xbox 360. Do you think this is a good purchase, and aboslutely the best possible picture i can get for video games at just under a grand?
Broken Link, But I know which TV you are talking about.. This one, right? http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....=1110265593688

Best PQ for under a grand..Like anything.. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.. What I think looks good another wouldn't.. I'd go down to a Electronic store.. View all the HDTV's for under a grand, & you decide for yourself.. Personally, the newer Samsung LCD's are great.. Good Contrast levels, but like all LCD's they have trouble displaying deep black levels, somthing CRTS have no problem doing.. The Samsung model you are interested in has a refresh rate of around 12ms, so Motion bluring shouldn't be a problem, alothough you might notice a lil if your only a few feet away from your TV..Supports a native res of 720p, so now downconverting. The Samsung also comes with HDMI support/ & I believe a cable card & built in tuner.. Those are excellent features, if you want to do more then play games on your Samsung..I'm going to upgrade to a 32inch Samsung or Sharp before November. I would reccomend the Samsung, but I suggest you take a look at other sets before buying..

Audio set up:
Benchmark DAC1
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-25-2005, 10:27 PM   #22
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee74
Is NCAA 2006 going to be in 1080i?
No.. Only ED.. 480p..

Audio set up:
Benchmark DAC1
Old 06-25-2005, 10:35 PM   #23
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by koolbubbaice
Broken Link, But I know which TV you are talking about.. This one, right? http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....=1110265593688

Best PQ for under a grand..Like anything.. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.. What I think looks good another wouldn't.. I'd go down to a Electronic store.. View all the HDTV's for under a grand, & you decide for yourself.. Personally, the newer Samsung LCD's are great.. Good Contrast levels, but like all LCD's they have trouble displaying deep black levels, somthing CRTS have no problem doing.. The Samsung model you are interested in has a refresh rate of around 12ms, so Motion bluring shouldn't be a problem, alothough you might notice a lil if your only a few feet away from your TV..Supports a native res of 720p, so now downconverting. The Samsung also comes with HDMI support/ & I believe a cable card & built in tuner.. Those are excellent features, if you want to do more then play games on your Samsung..I'm going to upgrade to a 32inch Samsung or Sharp before November. I would reccomend the Samsung, but I suggest you take a look at other sets before buying..
wow, man you know your stuff. Your saying that the tv has true 720p right? Thats a big decision on my purchase. Thanks again. Also, dont lcds have an advantage over crts in picture brightness and quality, even though the CRTs do better blacks?
Old 06-25-2005, 10:48 PM   #24
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8bit
wow, man you know your stuff. Your saying that the tv has true 720p right? Thats a big decision on my purchase. Thanks again. Also, dont lcds have an advantage over crts in picture brightness and quality, even though the CRTs do better blacks?
All HDTV LCDs have a native res of 1366X768 or 1280X720.. Also most HDTV LCDS have a 170 degree viewing angle so you can watch broadcast anywhere in your room & still get the whole picture.. The samsung can be used as a monitor as well.. CRTs still have the best Contrast & Brightness.. But Plasmas are catching up.. For the best picture possible I would recommend the XBR960 CRT.. You can find then for 1,600.. But thats over your budget, & they are bulky & weight 196lbs.. As much as I love CRTS, I hate ther bulk & mass...

Some LCDs advantages.
Sleek design.
170 Degree Viewing angle
No screen flickering.
No scan lines.
Easy to move.
Wall mountable.
native 720p res.
accurate image geometry.
Quiet.
Eats up less power.
More vibrant colors (my own opinion)
Etc..

Audio set up:
Benchmark DAC1

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »