Home

Anyone have the new EGM issue with the ncaa review?

This is a discussion on Anyone have the new EGM issue with the ncaa review? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-24-2005, 10:13 AM   #25
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: Anyone have the new EGM issue with the ncaa review?

that review is posted on fkrosters.com in forums and let me tell you it sure ain't one much to get excited about to be honest, it really tells you nothing IMO..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-24-2005, 11:11 AM   #26
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by glucklich
I have a suspicion that they dont even have the game. I think they promised a review but didnt have the game in time so they went with this half-*** review based on what is already widely known. The review was so meek there is no reason to believe, from what I recall of reading this, that they even have the game.
The reviews are lightweight stuff, but that's typical of EGM in general. Imo that isn't reason enough to call their writers liars.
Old 06-24-2005, 11:39 AM   #27
Where have I been?

Lintyfresh85's Arena

OVR: 37

are really think most of you have become something more than paranoid, you're close to going crazy about NCAA. The game will be good, get it through your system no need to break down every review hoping they find something bad so you can be right. It's not gonna happen.

Member of the Official OS Bills Backers Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobinson97
Hell, I shot my grandmother, cuz she was old.
Old 06-24-2005, 11:44 AM   #28
Banned

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superstar
are really think most of you have become something more than paranoid, you're close to going crazy about NCAA. The game will be good, get it through your system no need to break down every review hoping they find something bad so you can be right. It's not gonna happen.
If youll look at the thread most of the comments are about the review saying nothing. Who is complaining because they didnt say anything bad?
Old 06-24-2005, 11:46 AM   #29
Where have I been?

Lintyfresh85's Arena

it's not just this thread its just the overall tone of this board is new posters coming in and bashing the game, this board is almost as bad as the basketball board at times.

Quote:
Old 06-24-2005, 11:53 AM   #30
MVP

hogfan's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by glucklich
If youll look at the thread most of the comments are about the review saying nothing. Who is complaining because they didnt say anything bad?
I believe "spotty A.I." was mentioned
Old 06-24-2005, 12:32 PM   #31
nxt
H**sm*n

nxt's Arena

OVR: 14

I don't put much stock into the sports games reviews by mags (and some websites) either. They usually just reiterate alot of what us (on the forums) already know. I think the mag reviews are just for newbies... or those not too familiar with the sports titles. Their reviews are usually not very in-depth, and rarely speak in detail to gameplay issues. However, I still read them just to see if they happen to mention something that I didn't already know... and to check out the pics. Their reviews are subjective (like movie reviews). We all know there are many movies that we've liked, loved, or found entertaining that were bombed by the film reviewers.

I like to read feeback from real players of the game... real fans, but not "fanboys." That's why I'm here on the forums. I usually read the all of the impressions of the game by users, but focus on those that seem to play a similar style game as me (realistic - always looking for realistic stats, gameplay, etc.). I relate with those that had similar experiences and/or feelings about the previous versions. You can usually tell who are the fanboys, haters, realistic/simmers, cheesers just by reading their comments and impressions.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-24-2005, 01:23 PM   #32
Where have I been?

Lintyfresh85's Arena

exactly and this board is filled with haters, the true sim crow is already signed up for the leagues and what not like I am with the OS league, yes the game had problems and the fanboys won't admit it but the game was not terrible like the haters said esp. if you had the ps2 version.

Quote:

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »