Home

SEC Fans: Known Running Back Ratings

This is a discussion on SEC Fans: Known Running Back Ratings within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-30-2005, 09:11 PM   #41
H*p H*p 4 H*rs*m*n

BigTigLSU's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: SEC Fans: Known Running Back Ratings

All I know is if your front 7 is weak its gonna be a long day. Whats funny Shyrone Carey is probably at least in the mid to high 70's as well man this team will be load to stop.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-30-2005, 09:15 PM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21SEC
It has to do with the fact that when they increase the number of players on a roster they switched from 6 bit to 5 bit for the ratings (Sorry I'm not a computer guru and may have said that wrong). Where in 2004 and before players could be rated anywhere from 36-99, now they can only be rated between 40-99 and actually only use 32 of those 59 digits. Look at last years game if you want, but won't see anyone with a rating of 46 for instance. You can olnly have the below ratings:

So basically from 84-99 is half of the possible ratings value available to a player so you are going to see higher ratings. If you want in the NCAA Roster forum I posted a thread a month or so ago with a link to utopiafootball where we figured this out.
Yes, I believe I read this awhile back and it makes sense. However, my main comparison was this year's #20 ranked Auburn team to last year's #3 ranked LSU team. The roster size was increased last year, so the standards in comparison remain the same. Last year LSU had 19 players at 85 or better. So far (out of the 30 Auburn players I have found ratings for) Auburn has 17 players at 85 or better. When you add in Cooper Wallace, Troy Reddick, and Ben Obomanu (all of whom will be at least 85) that puts Auburn at 20 players at 85 or better. Here is my conclusion. Out of the 30 players I have compiled from Auburn, 27 are better than the starting QB, who is an 80. Perhaps Auburn truly is loaded everywhere except arguably the most important spot on the team.
Old 06-30-2005, 09:16 PM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
WTF? That guy was almost unstoppable in the video. I hope he was practicing against a super-crappy team.
Old 06-30-2005, 09:51 PM   #44
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcculac
82 Ole Miss HB #12 Ole Miss
That's pretty interesting considering #12 for Ole Miss is Dustin Mouzon - a redshirt freshman defensive back. Did they just not even check the Ole Miss roster? I mean, there's 2 returning RB's from last year (would've been 3 if Vashon Pearson had kept his grades up) in Jamal Pittman (21) and Alan Abrams (9).
Old 06-30-2005, 11:01 PM   #45
Rookie

rebelfan10's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by RebHoo
That's pretty interesting considering #12 for Ole Miss is Dustin Mouzon - a redshirt freshman defensive back. Did they just not even check the Ole Miss roster? I mean, there's 2 returning RB's from last year (would've been 3 if Vashon Pearson had kept his grades up) in Jamal Pittman (21) and Alan Abrams (9).

Vashon Pearson is off the team #24, this must be a typo instead of 12 it should be Pittman. The other backs would be Abrams #9 and Brandon Jacobs #27.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-30-2005, 11:47 PM   #46
Rookie

Xensai's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoredGuy
WTF? That guy was almost unstoppable in the video. I hope he was practicing against a super-crappy team.
Nope, thats just Broussard for ya.
Old 07-01-2005, 12:01 AM   #47
Outback Jesus

OSUFan_88's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xensai
Nope, thats just Broussard for ya.

Watching that brought a tear to my eye...even though I don't even like LSU, did ya see the inside running game! I can't wait for this game!!

Urban Meyer is lol.
Old 07-01-2005, 09:21 AM   #48
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoredGuy
TrickyD pointed out that he was praticing against Ball St, and they have a really crappy MLB. He also used only the truly impressive runs. Here is a second vid he did, this time OU vs Auburn. It consists of the same play run 10 times (instead of showing only the good runs):

http://utopiafootball.com/trickyd/truck_stick3.mpg

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »