Home

Official NCAA 06 Impressions Thread

This is a discussion on Official NCAA 06 Impressions Thread within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-02-2005, 07:18 PM   #73
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Official NCAA 06 Impressions Thread

Another game for you guys.

Played Southern Miss at home. I won it 31-21. Defensive struggle early and I finally pulled away.

Stats

CPU(SMiss)

19 carries for 54 yards, got ripped open early. They stuck with the run till the 4 minutes left in the 4th down 17. I forgot to get the RB stats, but sacks factored in to the small amount of yardage because i know the back broke some 20 yarders on me.

QB 12-32 209 yards and 2tds 2ints

Yes 12 of 32 looks bad, but with the mixing of defenses, he had a hard time. I really attribute this to my secondary. They were all over the place this game. I think this is just a fluke. We will know when I play Florida in a coulpe of games.

Impact Player: their reciever. 5 catches for 138 and a td with a spectacular 89 yarder on me. I love how the CPU tries to put their impact players in a position to succeed. He was at tight end on goaline formations and they moved him to the slot to go after my inexperienced sophomore corner instead of my solid senior. He makes you change the way you play.

My stats(Bama)

QB #12 18-26 for 207 no tds or ints. Very solid. Longest pass was off a play action where saftey got sucked in a little for 35 yards. Love the short passing game. Comebacks are good and the screen has proven to be pretty effective for me.

RB's 45 carries for 254 yards. I love this. Early on it was rough. At one point HB #34 had 6 carries and ten yards, but fatigue isnt as extreme on a play by play basis but over the course of the game your d and backs will all be fatigued. Not enough to come out just tired. My backup did fumble at the end of the game running the clock out and their safety picked it and took it 89 yards which sucked but the W is the most important.

Impact Player: HB #34(Kenneth Darby) 30 carries for 175 yards and 3 tds. He also had a 51 yarder in which I thought he was gone but their safety that had the same speed had a great angle and shoelaced tackled me. If not for that it was a td. Also 16 Btks, but its cool because not all of them net you yards. You make the first guy miss and there are still 3 or 4 back there after you. When you run the ball it feels like a grind. I'm loving it.

Other Notes: I love the kick meter on Heisman. Very good pace on it. Real nice not out of this world fast. CPU wants to run. You have to make yourself remember this is not 05 and stop them or they will torch you. Sometimes they will make you look dumb with jukes. Be aware of it. Passing game has such good rythym to it. Deep ball cannot be abused. I love how the o-line fans out linemen or seals depending on the need. D-line pressure isnt overdone but is light years better than last year. One more thing, with work, the new control scheme is great.

Injury report. My starting saftey Charlie Peprah(26) broke his ribs. Out six weeks. Not good to have one of my best secondary guys out for Florida.
Old 07-02-2005, 07:32 PM   #74
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Other Notes: I love the kick meter on Heisman. Very good pace on it. Real nice not out of this world fast.
This is a huge plus.

|Washington Redskins| |Alabama Crimson Tide| |Boston Redsox| |Georgetown Hoyas|

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedy
My September 15th glitch is still broken even after downloading the latest patch... I won't be purchasing another one of your titles again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by meep316
You moron they didn't even put out a patch yet.
LMAO
Old 07-02-2005, 07:39 PM   #75
Rookie

TurboVol's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8fuldave
If anyone has any non-ratings questions they'd like answered fire away. I'll be playing and keep the laptop to the side.
Thanks for answering the UT question.

Can you confirm that the dreaded Xbox slowdown is a thing of the past? Thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-02-2005, 07:45 PM   #76
Mr. Brightside

Acid's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
If anyone has any non-ratings questions they'd like answered fire away. I'll be playing and keep the laptop to the side.
Are TE's involved more?

I play as UCLA, so I got Marcedes a lot of the passes (in 2005) but it seemed to me that the CPU never used a tight end. Do you know if TEs are used more now in 2006?

If you need to test it out, I believe Marcedes Lewis (TE #19) from UCLA is the highest rated TE and is an impact player, maybe you could play a quick game (or half, whatever) against UCLA and see if they use him.

Thanks.
But we all live in denial
Old 07-02-2005, 07:54 PM   #77
MVP

dave360's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboVol
Thanks for answering the UT question.

Can you confirm that the dreaded Xbox slowdown is a thing of the past? Thanks.
Yes, there is still a tiny bit, but nowhere near as bad as last year, and it's only when you're near the goaline on either side. I stress, it's not bad

TE's are more involved and it seems like the AI using them a lot more. I played a half against Miami, and their TE got a lot of balls.
Old 07-02-2005, 07:55 PM   #78
Mr. Brightside

Acid's Arena

Quote:
Yes, there is still a tiny bit, but nowhere near as bad as last year, and it's only when you're near the goaline on either side. I stress, it's not bad

TE's are more involved and it seems like the AI using them a lot more. I played a half against Miami, and their TE got a lot of balls.
Sweet, thanks man.
Old 07-02-2005, 07:56 PM   #79
DickDalewood

OVR:

Quote:
I changed back to the old control scheme cause the new one was giving me a little grief. It's hard for me to press A and the right thumbstick at the same time to do the juke moves. Reggie Bush is a monster in this game.
Haha, dude, I can't believe you would even attempt to do that, it's nearly impossible. Honestly, I think it's more realistic to have to let go of the sprint button to juke, because, just as in real life, you would have to slow down just a little to make a cut...

Old 07-02-2005, 07:58 PM   #80
Mr. Brightside

Acid's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickdalewood
Haha, dude, I can't believe you would even attempt to do that, it's nearly impossible. Honestly, I think it's more realistic to have to let go of the sprint button to juke, because, just as in real life, you would have to slow down just a little to make a cut...
Seriously, I dunno how you would use the speed button and the juke stick.

Unless you used your chin on the right thumbstick.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »