Home

2006 is a "DDE-Fest" for me

This is a discussion on 2006 is a "DDE-Fest" for me within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-03-2005, 10:51 AM   #25
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64
Re: 2006 is a "DDE-Fest" for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan
I've got the Philips drive. Is that one crap too? I got my Xbox from a pawn shop which is really not the point but I've gotten some DDE's with this pre-played Madden '05 that I bought but not with the Crash Bandicoot that came with the Xbox or the Midnight Club: Dub Edition that I rented from Movie Gallery.
You should be ok with the Phillips. It was the Thompson, which was so prevalent with the early Xbox's that really give the most problems.

I had a Thompson drive. I had a ton of DDE's with certain games, NCAA 2004 being one of them. I bought a new Xbox, that came with a Samsung drive, and haven't gotten a DDE in any game yet.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-03-2005, 10:54 AM   #26
DickDalewood

OVR:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos81
Nah...do ya think? I understand that. My problem was your comment about "upgrading with the times". Upgrading what?

I have a first batch XBOX, and a first batch PS2. Haven't had a single problem with either one of them. Most of my friends have first batch XBOX's and haven't had any problems. I guess we're just lucky I don't know.
I know where you're coming from here Chaos. Although it may be true that the newer Xbox drives work better, the fact of the matter is, people shouldn't HAVE to buy a new box every couple years. When you spend 300 dollars on something, as most of you did who own one of the originals (I did too, but had to get a newer one), you expect that machine to last. "Getting with the times" might apply more if everyone on here owned an Xbox 360, and the initial poster still owned the original.

Again, like I said, when someone buys a system, they expect it to last that generations lifecycle. It's awful unfair to tell someone they are lagging behind just because they might not even have the money to purchase a new system, especially when they really shouldn't have to...

Old 07-03-2005, 01:20 PM   #27
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
You should be ok with the Phillips. It was the Thompson, which was so prevalent with the early Xbox's that really give the most problems.

I had a Thompson drive. I had a ton of DDE's with certain games, NCAA 2004 being one of them. I bought a new Xbox, that came with a Samsung drive, and haven't gotten a DDE in any game yet.
I'm getting mine modded since I bought it from a pawn shop and don't have a warranty on it. Can I just get the Samsung drive put in?
Old 07-03-2005, 01:48 PM   #28
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
I'm getting mine modded since I bought it from a pawn shop and don't have a warranty on it. Can I just get the Samsung drive put in?
If you're getting it modded, I think you can actually get a better drive (non-standard) put in it. But yes you can get the Samsung drive installed.

I think Lik-Sang, me even have the Xbox drives in stock. I haven't checked in a while.
Old 07-03-2005, 01:50 PM   #29
Rookie

Jokerace's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:

Yes you can just have the drive changed out.

The only reason I got a new X-box when I learned about the drive problems (instead of just changing out the drive). Was that it turned out that after selling my X-box (which I originally bought used) to EB. It only ended up costing me 45$ out of pocket for a brand new X-box with a full warranty.
Old 07-03-2005, 01:53 PM   #30
Nza
MVP

OVR: 16

Just another reason why I mod chip + HDD mod.

Lets face it, the drive quality of the Xbox in general is f'kn pathetic at best, I had a Thompson and now a Samsung and neither are any good really - I get inconsistent load times, patchy music and frequent pauses on both, the Samsung only solved DDE's.

Now I game off the HDD (which is MUUUCH quicker in loading BTW), and there is no way in hell i'm ever going back to optical which is why I really hope the X360 only uses the optical drive for authentication purposes (Like a PC). That or at least have a half decent drive - being Dual Layer it should.
Old 07-03-2005, 02:56 PM   #31
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22

I need to get my boy in gear to get me modded then.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-03-2005, 03:14 PM   #32
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jokerace
Yes you can just have the drive changed out.

The only reason I got a new X-box when I learned about the drive problems (instead of just changing out the drive). Was that it turned out that after selling my X-box (which I originally bought used) to EB. It only ended up costing me 45$ out of pocket for a brand new X-box with a full warranty.
Yeah, I was going to replace the drive on my old box as well, but when I realized it was actually about the same price or cheaper to just trade in the old one and get a brand new box I chose that route.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »