Home

Quick RFTH Question for someone who has 06

This is a discussion on Quick RFTH Question for someone who has 06 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-04-2005, 09:57 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Quick RFTH Question for someone who has 06

I havent liked the idea of creating your stats and stuff later. If your player is 6`8 in the season he should be in the drills you know? I dont really understand that, size matters in the game so it should in the drills too. Another thing I thought EA totally messed up by doing it this way was giving your player a hometown. I understand that if you do super in the drills you`ll get scholarships from across the country but maybe if you didnt do as well you should get more offers close to home. That would have made sense. Now that I think of it to you could do like a reverse of recruiting from previous games and say your RFTH player is interested in location, or coaching, or play style, etc. and that could affect what teams are interested in you. Just seems like little stuff like that would make it much cooler.
Old 07-04-2005, 10:10 PM   #10
MVP

dave360's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by gman14msu
I havent liked the idea of creating your stats and stuff later. If your player is 6`8 in the season he should be in the drills you know? I dont really understand that, size matters in the game so it should in the drills too. Another thing I thought EA totally messed up by doing it this way was giving your player a hometown. I understand that if you do super in the drills you`ll get scholarships from across the country but maybe if you didnt do as well you should get more offers close to home. That would have made sense. Now that I think of it to you could do like a reverse of recruiting from previous games and say your RFTH player is interested in location, or coaching, or play style, etc. and that could affect what teams are interested in you. Just seems like little stuff like that would make it much cooler.

I hate to be an EA shill, I really do, but I prefer it the way they have it now. Don't judge it till you've actually played it. It's the first thing you see when you boot up the game, much in the same way the race is the first thing you see in NASCAR 2005. To me, it's perfect to have the create-a-player after you do the drills, due to being able to pick where you want to play first and then building your player afterwards to match the style of play. I'm sure they will expand on this next year, but it's a very good mode for the folks it's designed for. I played about 10 minutes of one and did all the drills and picked the different positions, but I don't want to cost a starter his job on any of teams that offer you a scholly or take a starter's job as a walk-on. To be honest, it's a novelty mode to me.
Old 07-04-2005, 10:56 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8fuldave
I hate to be an EA shill, I really do, but I prefer it the way they have it now. Don't judge it till you've actually played it. It's the first thing you see when you boot up the game, much in the same way the race is the first thing you see in NASCAR 2005. To me, it's perfect to have the create-a-player after you do the drills, due to being able to pick where you want to play first and then building your player afterwards to match the style of play. I'm sure they will expand on this next year, but it's a very good mode for the folks it's designed for. I played about 10 minutes of one and did all the drills and picked the different positions, but I don't want to cost a starter his job on any of teams that offer you a scholly or take a starter's job as a walk-on. To be honest, it's a novelty mode to me.

Makes sense the way they have it...can you imagine being thrown into create a player and not even having a clue why you are there? A lot of people will probably just jump out of the mode anyway, so why force them down the create player path first. Throw you into the drill to try to hook you, and then let you customize your guy.

Seems like the right way to me, but I guess we won't know for sure until we try it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-04-2005, 11:04 PM   #12
MVP

dave360's Arena

OVR: 17

To me, the opening in Nascar 2005 Chase for the Cup was hokey, but pretty cool, and the Chase for the Cup mode was much better than this Road to the Heisman mode. It had where you start out racing Ryan Newman to get a spot in the Featherlite Modified Series, then you could test trucks, busch cars, and Winston Cup Cars. I'm not even a NASCAR fan and I loved that mode on that game. There's just not enough to do in the RTTH mode to keep my interest. Fan Mail? Girlfriends? Dorm Room?, umm no. I think the Superstar Mode in Madden will be much better with all sorts of extra stuff to do. I'm sure it's the NCAA's fault that RTTH mode is dull, they probably wouldn't allow a lot to keep the student athlete's reputation preserved. To me, I've done RTTH for the last few years in NCAA, it's just been one of my particular players and not me. I've done most everything you can do in RTTH, check stats, check the Heisman watch every week, pad his stats, etc in every version up to this year.
Old 07-04-2005, 11:26 PM   #13
Rookie

aps22's Arena

OVR: 3

like when you start off in RFTH, you pick a position, the only position that i have seen you start as not a white guy is RB, then when you get done, you chose to take a scholarship or walk on, after that you can edit the appearance of your guy!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »