Home

RFTH Mode - No Recruiting/Class Exports

This is a discussion on RFTH Mode - No Recruiting/Class Exports within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-05-2005, 01:20 PM   #1
Banned

mvandor's Arena

OVR: 7
RFTH Mode - No Recruiting/Class Exports

Is anyone else distressed to find this out, that RFTH mode does not permit recruiting for the life of your RFTH guy, and more importantly does NOT support draft class exports? This means Madden's Superstar mode won't support import of draft classes, and presumably control of drafting and FA signings if it is designed consistently with RFTH.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-05-2005, 01:22 PM   #2
Rookie

westwood's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: RFTH Mode - No Recruiting/Class Exports

drrrrr?

play dynasty/franchise if you want control of your team.
Old 07-05-2005, 01:26 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvandor
Is anyone else distressed to find this out, that RFTH mode does not permit recruiting for the life of your RFTH guy, and more importantly does NOT support draft class exports? This means Madden's Superstar mode won't support import of draft classes, and presumably control of drafting and FA signings if it is designed consistently with RFTH.
Not sure about the draft class part...

I thought the way superstar mode worked was that you were importing yourself into the draft in 2005 (the one that just occurred). What I would hope happens is that you could run your RFTH for the 4 years, import yourself into madden, then use your regular dynasty draft classes for 2006 and onward.

And yeah, superstar mode takes all of the FA signing and drafting out of your hands.
Old 07-05-2005, 01:33 PM   #4
Banned

mvandor's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongoose
Not sure about the draft class part...

I thought the way superstar mode worked was that you were importing yourself into the draft in 2005 (the one that just occurred). What I would hope happens is that you could run your RFTH for the 4 years, import yourself into madden, then use your regular dynasty draft classes for 2006 and onward.

And yeah, superstar mode takes all of the FA signing and drafting out of your hands.
My point is, as implemented, RFTH and Superstar modes end up as gimmicks, Madden Cardesque additions. I had expected it would be the usual dynasty with the new features added in. Very few serious gamers will hold much interest in a mode without recruiting and draft class exports.

And it seems assured Madden's Superstar mode will receive ONLY your RFTH guy, with the CPU generating all draftees. How could it not if RFTH doesn't permit draft class exports?

And logically, under the traditional dynasty/franchise modes your RFTH guy normally would not appear in your Madden franchise until year 4 as he has to do his NCAA time first.

Let's face it, many of us have been creating ourselves in NCAA for years and enjoying the 4 years and the import to Madden for a pro career. I think we thought we'd be able to continue doing that in RFTH/Superstar modes with new presentation to add to the fantasy. But that's NOT what we're getting.
Old 07-05-2005, 01:43 PM   #5
MVP

dave360's Arena

OVR: 17

As I said in the other RFTH thread, this isn't a mode for guys like us. It's a mode for attention deficient teens who don't like dynasty mode. I'm not surprised at all that you can't export DC's in this mode, it's probably just a one person draft class. The madden mode looks like it will have more stuff and be a better mode, but I won't play either. I like my rosters correct and wouldn't dare take a spot away from a starter for Tennessee or the Titans .
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-05-2005, 01:56 PM   #6
Pro

FSU_Animal's Arena

OVR: 8

No, doesn't worry me. This is the first year to implement these features/modes so I wasn't expecting it to be perfect the first time around.

Here's my theory on how it works and wouldn't be surprised if it does. I think even the mods at all of the forums (OS, MM, MN, etc...) have even said the same thing.

You create yourself in RFTH. You play your four years and then export the player. You are not exporting a class, instead exporting only the player you created four seasons earlier (unless you are leaving early).

Once you start Superstar Mode in Madden, you will be asked if you want to create a new Superstar Player or Export Your RTHF Player. You choose your RTFH player and are then placed in the 2005 Draft Class along with Alex Smith, Cedric Benson, Aaron Rodgers, Antrel Rolle, etc...

After that, I believe the draft classes will be MGD unless EA gave us the option to export drafts from an NCAA Dynasty.

Like I said, this is their first year to implement these ideas so I expect it to be implemented a lot better next year.
Old 07-05-2005, 01:57 PM   #7
MVP

dave360's Arena

OVR: 17

I believe according to the video posted in the Madden forum here that is exactly how it works FSU Animal.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »