Home

People with 16:9 HDTV's, prepare to whine...

This is a discussion on People with 16:9 HDTV's, prepare to whine... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-06-2005, 12:58 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
People with 16:9 HDTV's, prepare to whine...

That's right, EA has done it again. Slowdown is alive and kicking in NCAA 2006 when you have widescreen enabled. The only way to get rid of it was to set the XBOX to 4:3 ratio and stretch the sides of the image through my TV. I can confirm this because I own 2 XBOX's, one is a launch (Thomson) and the other is the Samsung drive (brand new). Both chug when 16:9 is enabled. It's not as bad as last year, but it will break plays because it screws up timing. I hate to be the bearer of bad news, and I dreaded this day since last year, but once again 16:9 gets the shaft.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-06-2005, 01:36 AM   #2
Pro

CptObvious's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: People with 16:9 HDTV's, prepare to whine...

Quote:
Originally Posted by newsguy
That's right, EA has done it again. Slowdown is alive and kicking in NCAA 2006 when you have widescreen enabled. The only way to get rid of it was to set the XBOX to 4:3 ratio and stretch the sides of the image through my TV. I can confirm this because I own 2 XBOX's, one is a launch (Thomson) and the other is the Samsung drive (brand new). Both chug when 16:9 is enabled. It's not as bad as last year, but it will break plays because it screws up timing. I hate to be the bearer of bad news, and I dreaded this day since last year, but once again 16:9 gets the shaft.
I asked this question in the QA thread and was lead to believe Widescreen was OK, damnit EA....whats the deal here. Oh well, stuck with 4x3 (hell, at least THIS runs OK this time, unlike last year) yet again. I miss ESPN already
Old 07-06-2005, 01:52 AM   #3
Rookie

jackson's Arena

OVR: 5

This is unbelieveable. I have a few choice words for EA but I'll keep them to myself. Someone else who has the game for xbox and has widescreen enabled can you confirm this? For me this could be a gamekiller. All this waiting and all this suspense for slowdown again.
Old 07-06-2005, 06:20 AM   #4
Pro

kennytomson's Arena

OVR: 10

did 2004 NCAA have 'widescreen slowdown'?

recently tried FIFA 2005 on the widescreen and it had alot of slowdown(where 4:3 has none), was curious if most games that allow widescreen have this problem?
Old 07-06-2005, 06:44 AM   #5
MVP

bigjdotcom01's Arena

OVR: 6

I am running it in widescreen (16:9) on my PS2 with no slowdowns.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-06-2005, 07:10 AM   #6
Hall Of Fame

RubenDouglas's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjdotcom01
I am running it in widescreen (16:9) on my PS2 with no slowdowns.
the slowdown had only been an issue with the xbox version. both this year and last year.

Ps2 was never a problem, luckily.
Old 07-06-2005, 08:03 AM   #7
Rookie

TylerDurdenVol's Arena

OVR: 4
Angry Re: People with 16:9 HDTV's, prepare to whine...

You mean I just purchased a $3,500.00 TV that makes the game slower! Thanks EA and Microsoft!I run 2004 on widescreen with no slowdown,what gives?
Old 07-06-2005, 08:28 AM   #8

ChicagoChris's Arena

OVR: 11

Wait a sec....they could not have made the same mistake again. Can others confirm this?

I am still pissed about the $50 i spent last year. I have heard there are no slowdowns running:

XBOX
16:9 mode

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »