Home

What an empty feeling this is...

This is a discussion on What an empty feeling this is... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-09-2005, 05:55 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: What an empty feeling this is...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpanishFly
I just want to play damn it. Explore the new features and check out the new presentation (I love great presentation).
Yep, same here, I am also really excited about it. But, I do think (hopefully) 2005 will hold me over til sometime Tuesday.
San Antonio Spurs
Virginia Tech Hokies (Football)
Duke Blue Devils (Basketball)
Old 07-09-2005, 06:08 PM   #34
Stop! Homer Time!

theaub's Arena

OVR: 35

I can wait, because I'm still enjoying NCAA 2004, but I still wish I had it now.
Old 07-09-2005, 06:24 PM   #35
Rookie

scrotozoa's Arena

OVR: 1

Maybe someone can help me with this. I don't remember ever being unable to buy a product that:

a. I have the money to purchase

b. Is not out of stock

c. Other people ALL over the country are buying.

It is insane. Yes, it is only three days but my brothers and I are all taking some vacation next week. We enter a least same of the names ourselves so whatever name I could be entering NOW on the weekend would mean more playing time later.

I still think we are all going to play the hell out of the game but this has definitely been one of the strangest things I've ever seen.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-09-2005, 06:42 PM   #36
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrotozoa
Maybe someone can help me with this. I don't remember ever being unable to buy a product that:

a. I have the money to purchase

b. Is not out of stock

c. Other people ALL over the country are buying.
I never looked at it that way, but good point.
Old 07-09-2005, 06:44 PM   #37
I'm Ron F'n Swanson!

fishepa's Arena

OVR: 44

I just happened to get lucky and find the game last Tuesday. Otherwise I would be in your position, I feel for you.
Old 07-09-2005, 06:54 PM   #38
ObiWanJenkins

OVR:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFootball
Thanks to all of you in the thread who didn't take this the wrong way...

And, to you, Mr. Jokerace...

I'd have to say it seems to be a rather juvenile action on your part in being that you feel the need to take shots at my life in a video game related discussion. There's a reason I haven't posted here 10+ times in 6 months. I have a plenty wholesome life away from my computer and video game consoles, NCAA '06 included.

I am simply saying that knowing what I know now about the game has somewhat curbed my anticipation. I, at no point, said that I was bitter or wasn't going to buy the game because of what had happened with the release. It is just my humble opinion that having it on second-hand has somewhat diluted the "newness" of it. I can't see how that's being childish at all.

To me, speaking on regular terms it's almost the same as watching a game on ESPN Classic. Maybe I haven't even seen it the first time (and for this example, let's assume that I have not). Isn't watching the re-run of that game (ie. second-fiddle, as which I've made a previous allusion) less exciting than anticipating the live contest?

I'm sorry that some of you on here feel the need to call others out unnecessarily, and that's probably why I don't have 5000 posts. But thank you to all who took the time to read the thread (or give a legitimate answer). Those of you who feel the need to criticize my personal life probably need to stop taking these boards so seriously.

Thanks again to the (majority of) posters that contribute to the wholesome fun here at Operation Sports.
Bravo

Old 07-09-2005, 07:39 PM   #39
Timbers - Jags - Hokies

The GIGGAS's Arena

OVR: 55

I think that it's just made me more excited for the game. I've mapped out my whole first couple of first downs, so that I can see what works and then move from there. I hear about the lobbing thing but I'm fine with that because I don't usually pass the ball anyhow. I was driving to dinner with my father and stepmother and was daydreaming about playing Virginia Tech/Virginia. And getting closer to football season is making me salivate for this game. As soon as it comes out I'll be playing it non-stop. It's always something I wait for, even last year (when it wasn't such a great game). So, after that long-winded reply, no. This has not soured my outlook one bit.
Old 07-09-2005, 10:12 PM   #40
Rookie

OVR: 2

Your all setting your self up for dissapointment...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »