Home

What an empty feeling this is...

This is a discussion on What an empty feeling this is... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-10-2005, 07:56 AM   #49
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: What an empty feeling this is...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romeclone
Well so be it! Let me be dissapointed. Just relax, maybe you dont like the game. Maybe I will, most everybody hated NFL fever but I had fun with it for the longest time.

And since we dont have any other options to buy a college game then we cant be dissapointed. Its the only game we can play. And for the record if this game is in any way shape or form better than 2005 I will not be dissaponted. That was dissapontment, 2005 that is. That game was broken.
05 being broken was an opinion of some but not all of us. In fact I still play 05 and for the 100 reasons some people bash the game I have a 100 reasons why I still like the game. So, at this point I wish people would just say 05 didn't play well for them rather than claim the game is broken because if that was the case then I would have the same issues as many others who hated the game. But I didn't and the game played fine for me. Is it perfect no but it wasn't broken either.
Old 07-10-2005, 12:12 PM   #50
Old School

MachoMyers's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsmanTO
Not really, for several reasons

1. I'm Canadian so the game is kinda hard to get up here

2. I don't mind waiting as long as I get the game while it's (relatively) new

3. I rarely read the impressions threads and such unless there's a question I have or if there's an interesting convo going on about an aspect of the game that i'm interested in.

Of course things are a little different this year as I HAVE to take a cursory look at most threads but I don't mind.
Im in the same boat as you and I would wait another year for this game as long as its the sequal to '04 and not '05. Since ill be lucky to get mine shipped here in a week (since they stopped selling the game in Canada) i've developed an insanse amount of patience.
Old 07-10-2005, 01:07 PM   #51
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
05 being broken was an opinion of some but not all of us. In fact I still play 05 and for the 100 reasons some people bash the game I have a 100 reasons why I still like the game. So, at this point I wish people would just say 05 didn't play well for them rather than claim the game is broken because if that was the case then I would have the same issues as many others who hated the game. But I didn't and the game played fine for me. Is it perfect no but it wasn't broken either.

2005 was broken (At least on the x box)

Completion % were way down no matter what you did.

Matt Leinert with 35-42% completion percentages is way unrealistic and you would be hard pressed to get any QB in the nation above 55% Playing the games of course. The CPU's percentage was much worse. In most games they only completed 30 % or less. That is a broken passing game IMHO.

The X-box version had some terrible slow down problems coupled with the terrible passing made the game broken without a doubt but thats just my opinion.

That being said, I did play the hell out of it. Ended up with the PS2 version and played about 5 years of a Texas Dynasty. Dont think I dont love the NCAA games. I do, 2004 might have been the best football game made in my eyes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2005, 02:54 PM   #52
MVP

faster's Arena

OVR: 13

I'm the exact opposite. I wish I never picked it up. The AI is atrocious and the statbug is ridiculous. I can throw bombs all day long. And as much as people can say, "don't do that then" well, what happens when I need a big play at the end of the game? I pretty can count on it... toss it up baby, toss it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeGamer
+1

Loving the game so far, amazing game!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »