Home

Passing Game

This is a discussion on Passing Game within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-12-2005, 01:39 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Passing Game

Ive had the game since Saturday and I havent had any problems with the passing game. I able to complete short passes and long passes. You are going to have drops but it is no where as near the crap EA put out last year with 2005.
Old 07-12-2005, 01:46 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjkool69
...You are going to have drops but it is no where as near the crap EA put out last year with 2005.
I played 04 for almost a two years and played 05 for about a week and a half. It was almost unplayable.
Old 07-12-2005, 09:15 AM   #11
Banned

sixthgradetyrant's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdros13
The passing game is much better than last year's version, and I do think the game is very playable. I've been using PSU, and while I'm not setting the world on fire, I am completing more than 50% of my passes thus far in my dynasty, with my best receiver a easily rattled freshman.

My only complaint is that there are very few routes that actually work in the game. I agree with you that the TE corner is useless thus far, and the game seems to want you to use either a deep post, quick slant, or fly pattern....yeah, I've completed other routes, but I pretty much know I am going to get someone open if my receivers are running some combination of the above, and I'm taking a risk if they are running anything else.

You are dead on about the running game too. I feel like I can call just about anything and gain yardage. When I get in the meat of my schedule we'll see if that changes.
Thanks, jdros13. For me, the only routes that work a good percentage of the time are wheel routes and flares out of the backfield. (I'm discounting, of course, the hail mary.) Very well put: routes simply don't work. Conversely, almost ANY running play--the zone plays excepted--can work against almost any defense for crazy yardage.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2005, 09:21 AM   #12
Banned

sixthgradetyrant's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjkool69
Ive had the game since Saturday and I havent had any problems with the passing game. I able to complete short passes and long passes. You are going to have drops but it is no where as near the crap EA put out last year with 2005.
cjkool...Thanks for the input. I too can complete SHORT passes and LONG passes; that's not the problem. What's frustrating is the lack of any realistic, medium-range passing game.

And of course I agree with this game being heads and shoulders better than last year's, but for reasons other than the passing game. It seems EA swapped super read-n'-react pass defense ("Miss Chloe") for impenetrable zones.

And if you consider for a sec...have the passing mechanics/gameplay kept pace with other enhancements in gameplay over the years? It seems it's so ineffective because everything ELSE has been improved, yet your receivers still run "2002" routes using "2002" intelligence.

Nevertheless, thanks for the response, bro.
Old 07-12-2005, 09:32 AM   #13
I'm Ron F'n Swanson!

fishepa's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Fourth...CPU zones seem to me to be ridiculously impenetrable. I've been able to hit a receiver in between the LB/DB zones only a couple times, and honestly, I ALWAYS try to precision pass the same way. In addition, it seems that the CPU is almost ALWAYS in a zone when I'm passing, and almost always in man when I'm running. Hmmmm....My point here: CPU pass defense seems cheap, unfair...pick your word.
I've having this problem as well. I'm having a very hard time throwing against a zone defense, and whenever I'm passing the ball, the CPU is in zone 90% of the time. Having said that...I still love the game.
Old 07-12-2005, 09:41 AM   #14
No end in sight...

OVR: 20

im having a hard time passing, but i think its because my QB (Cox) is the worst starter on the team, and that i just suck at passing in general.

that and he cant scramble at all. blitz him, and hes toast
Old 07-12-2005, 10:07 AM   #15
MVP

OVR: 16

Granted, I've only played one game. But I didn't find it to be terribly unrealistic. I played as Notre Dame, and Brady Quinn went 11-22 for 175 yards. That's a typical performance from him.

This is the second year that people are complaining about not being able to complete short passes. This is simply not true. It can be done quite effectively if you get your timing down and hit receivers in the seams.

How anyone could think this game is a **** pile is beyond me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2005, 10:23 AM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagger55
im having a hard time passing, but i think its because my QB (Cox) is the worst starter on the team, and that i just suck at passing in general.

that and he cant scramble at all. blitz him, and hes toast
And the offset to that is Tre Smith runs wild. CT is about the only person I have been able to get the ball to (besides DB's) so far.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »