Home

Passing Game

This is a discussion on Passing Game within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-13-2005, 08:30 PM   #57
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Passing Game

I've found that if you use the quick audibles to call the opposite type of play (if you call a pass use quick audible for run) then you can make a read before the snap and then audible if you think that you are running the wrong type of play for the defense. I have also found that against a zone I can consistently get completions by a) sending two revievers at one saftey so he must commit to one and you can throw to the other, or b)run a post(i think thats what it is, 10 yards up 45 degrees to the middle) and then putting some touch on the ball and get it just above the LBs heads. Hope this helps
Old 07-13-2005, 09:18 PM   #58
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by C_Bailey24
I'd be willing to bet that you are not playing on default Heisman
Found your problem.

Take the difficulty down a level or two.

Why is it so bad for the hardest difficulty level to be really hard?
Old 07-14-2005, 11:43 AM   #59
Pro

C_Bailey24's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilby
Found your problem.

Take the difficulty down a level or two.

Why is it so bad for the hardest difficulty level to be really hard?
I've always felt that AA was too easy and i'm stubborn when it comes to sliders because i don't wanna feel like i'm having success on either side of the ball because of slider adjustments. I'm not saying it's bad for the level to be the hardest i was just merely saying that simply reading the safeties/ coverage and all of that stuff isn't the solution to a better passing game on this level because of the speed of the defenders. Not a bash- just a comment.

One other comment. I think i saw someone earlier in the thread say that it felt like lead passing was taken out of the game. Well i discovered last night that it's still in. I was leading corner routes (which felt useless at first) and circle routes away from the CB and completing them over his shoulder. Also completed a few post routes over the middle of the zone in between the LB's and safeties by pressing up slightly on the analog stick. I don't know if using the analog stick instead of the D-pad makes a difference but my passing game opened up a little bit more when i started aiming the passes.
Old 07-14-2005, 12:45 PM   #60
Rookie

OVR: 1

I too have the same passing problems. Mainly, my issues are with the cpu blitzing and applying too much pressure. It could be my oline as Bama doesn't have the best line, but my guards consistently get bull rushed which leaves me about a second to throw the ball. If I could get more time in the pocket, the majority of the problem would go away. I guess I need to adjust the pass protection slider on heisman.
Old 07-14-2005, 01:52 PM   #61
Banned

sixthgradetyrant's Arena

OVR: 6

Ok, here's my latest adjustment. I'm playing on AA and have my QB accuracy at 85 and my catching at 90 with my pass blocking at 80. Now, for some unknown reason, when I pass the ball and use preceision passing it actully works--a little. I guess I'm just used to Madden's passing; it gives you so much more control over ball placement. I put the CPU's awareness at 65 but bumped down its knockdowns and interceptions to 25. I was hoping this would still allow the CPU to react to my offense while eliminating superjump and cheap interceptions. To offset the tweaked passing game, I upped the CPU's tackling to 60 and put my run blocking at 35 and running back ability at 45 (I don't want to reduce the RB's speed just because the running game's too easy...between a rock and a hard place). The CPU's break block I put at 35, and what's incredible is that the DE's I play against still rip/swim/chuck my OT's aside with regularity. This is puzzling. And with my pass blocking on 80 my OL still doesn't pick up blitzes at all. I also upped the CPU's offensive sliders significantly and they gain good yardage.

The passing game is much more realistic now but DOES feel a little cheap. I'm hitting about 65% and my TD/INT ratio is about 2.5/1. The shallow/intermediate slant route out of the shotgun is still a guaranteed drop (worst route in the game--it's consistently open but because of drops just there to taunt you). The team I'm using is South Carolina and I'm using their 2nd-string QB because his accuracy and arm strength are better than their starter's.

One more note: Nothing you adjust on sliders will help the WR's run smarter routes or run with more of a sense of urgency. I suppose it's just an animation thing. My WR's consistently run into zone defenders and jog in place and refuse to run to the open spot on the field, preferring the comfort of a flooded zone instead.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »