Home

Race for the Heisman overrated?

This is a discussion on Race for the Heisman overrated? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-12-2005, 10:33 PM   #25
All Star

HMcCoy's Arena

OVR: 35
Re: Race for the Heisman overrated?

The only problem I have is that your guy is overpowered for smaller schools. My RB hopefull averages about 180 yards per game or so after 3 games at Kent State...but my passing isn't good enough to bump the difficulty up to Heisman. Sliders, here I come.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2005, 12:09 AM   #26
Champs

Husker_OS's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooldude
What position did you pick, husker?
CB. I got a friend at my old(well...i just graduated lol) high schoo whol is going to be recruited heavily this year by the southern teams, so I created him. Got an offer from Alabama ironically enough lol.

Alabama National Championships

1925-1926-1930-1934-1945-1961-1964-1965-1966-1978-1979-1992-2009-2011-2012-2015

"Fight on, fight on, fight on men! Remember the Rose Bowl, we'll win then..."
Old 07-13-2005, 12:12 AM   #27
Champs

Husker_OS's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckym
I love the idea of the Heisman mode, but am quite disappointed in the execution of it.

I think more than one drill is necessary, ie. not only the position specific drills should be there, but also there should be basic drills everyone would be required to do to determine other attributes; but definately, more than ONE drill is a must - come on EA!!

For instance, it would be nice to have "button mashing" type drills for certain things that determine strength, agility, acceleration, etc. (Fight Night boxing game is a good example of the ideas I am thinking of)... OF course you can elect to skip any one of or all of the drills and let the CPU randomly assign your attributes based on your size, position of choice, etc...

(ON the XBOX per say) But I think it would be GREAT if, for example, for stamina you would have a player on a treadmill, and you would be required to alternately push buttons A and B at a certain speed to keep him running and once you dropped below that speed, your stamina rating would be determined. I know this idea is EXTREMELY UNLIKELY, but none the less, I would love to see it.. .and many others like it as they correspond to whichever ratings you are trying to determine... Agility drills maybe would be that your player has to run figure-8s through cones or a simple obstacle course of some kind, or whatever, and depending on how quick you are would determine your AGI rating...

Anyway, those are what I'd like to see... I realize those arent for the casual gamers Im sure, but hey, we can dream cant we?

Oh and hey, why offer us scholarships if we can just go play ANYWHERE we want with no change in anything?? come on EA!! lol

... and one other thing....

Make us create a player BEFORE doing the drills so this influences WHERE our scholarship offers may come from and what our attributes will likely be..... If I make my HB 5'10" and 245lbs, then Im guessing he is best suited as a POWER back (though hey, if he has speed too, then Ill take that - lol).... come on EA!!!!
They could learn a thing or two from GTA:San Andreas. The way you build up muscle and stamina in GTA is incredible. Maybe EA could use it to determine the ratings in RFTH.

Alabama National Championships

1925-1926-1930-1934-1945-1961-1964-1965-1966-1978-1979-1992-2009-2011-2012-2015

"Fight on, fight on, fight on men! Remember the Rose Bowl, we'll win then..."
Old 07-13-2005, 12:18 AM   #28
#DoYourJob

Beantown's Arena

OVR: 61

Man using the GTA attribute system would be sick. I loved working out every day and getting my guy buff as hell.
Old 07-13-2005, 03:02 AM   #29
Rookie

johnnyastro's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhorn6
Man using the GTA attribute system would be sick. I loved working out every day and getting my guy buff as hell.
Were you too busy making your guy "buff as hell" on the playstation to actually go to the gym yourself?
Old 07-13-2005, 09:00 AM   #30
Rookie

rollinphat's Arena

OVR: 5

when the RFTH mode is over and you decide to be a coach, do you get to pick which school you coach?
or do you have to coach the team that you played on?
how does that process work?

thanks
Old 07-13-2005, 09:51 AM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by pastapadre
I like what it is. It gives me a reason to play offline, when Im normally a online only player. I dont get into dynasty which is more tedious then anything IMO. This mode has been a lot of fun and is unique.
You really don't have to do much in dynasty mode if you let the CPU do it for you. You can just play the games and have more fun with features that are not in RFTH like SI.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2005, 01:49 PM   #32
ObiWanJenkins

OVR:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollinphat
when the RFTH mode is over and you decide to be a coach, do you get to pick which school you coach?
or do you have to coach the team that you played on?
how does that process work?

thanks
When I finished my career, there was a lengthy list of schools for me to choose from. The schools are ranked by prestige from the top schools in the land to the cream puff schools. You can pick any school on the list. You don't have to stay with your alma mater. For example, my RFTH career was with The Ohio State University, but after winning the Heisman in my senior year and breaking some records, I chose to coach UGA. At this point, your RFTH turns into a Dynasty game. It's even saved as a Dynasty instead of RFTH.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »